Utah Club Race transport

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Utah Club Race transport

Postby garrett376 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi fellow PCASDR'ers!

I'm thinking of racing in the Utah Club Race in September and am curious if anyone has any leads on transport to the race track from San Diego. My kids don't have much time off due to school for us to do the road trip with me towing, so we're considering other options!

Thank you for any leads! --garrett
Garrett Guess
garrett376

Re: Utah Club Race transport

Postby CoryM on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:26 am

Garrett,
You should make some calls to Kevin Roush (GAS), Vision, 911 Design, and Hergeshiemers. They all have customers who have been travelling to a lot of the far away PCA races this year, maybe they have room in the transporter. Good luck!

Cory
Cory Muscat
CoryM
Autocrosser

Postby c4s4pcs on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:36 am

You might want to check the roster on line and see if anyone that you know from the SD area is going - I am going, but my trailer only holds one car...
Phil Strong
2006 Carrera 4S - Retired from track
2003 Carrera - Ready for track
c4s4pcs
Time Trialer

Postby AngelaAvitt on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:08 pm

I am waiting for a quote now on getting my car transported to UMC by the same transporter that we used to go to COTA in Austin last April. It is a little short notice but I am hoping that he may be available. This transporter holds 6 cars and of course it would make it more affordable if we could fill it up. I have 2 other drivers that are "maybe's" at this point. It will depend on how costly it is. This driver also provides great track support if needed. I would say to PM me if interested, but I tried to PM Garrett Guess today and the system apparently has a glitch right now. So please reply to this post if interested. Thanks.

Angela Avitt
2015 GT3
AngelaAvitt

Postby AngelaAvitt on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Transportation to and from UMC from Fontana, CA (as pick up location) is $1500 round trip per car. But the total cost of the Transporter is $9000. and that is divided by 6 cars. So without 6 cars it would not be affordable. I have decided that it is too expensive since UMC is only 750 miles from San Diego. I would rather have a transporter but probably have to drive my car there if I go. :(
AngelaAvitt

Return to General Discussions