magnetic car number "decals"

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

magnetic car number "decals"

Postby kleggo on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:45 am

which vendor do you like to create magnetic / removable car numbers?
I'm not looking for semi-permanent vinyl decals.

how about this company?
https://www.trackdecals.com/collections/numbers-letters/magnetic

Thank you

Craig
Craig Fenstermaker

i'm here in Vista
User avatar
kleggo
Time Trialer
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:43 pm

Re: magnetic car number "decals"

Postby EricMarc-Aurele on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:10 am

I used that company. Decals came out nice. They shipped rolled in a tube, laying them out flat in my hot garage took out the curl. I haven't used them at higher than autocross speeds yet.
User avatar
EricMarc-Aurele
Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:52 am

Re: magnetic car number "decals"

Postby rwalker on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:21 am

I chose https://www.izoomgraphics.com/ because you can order individual digits good for re-arranging.
Rob Walker - #171
2004 Boxster S (Midnight Blue Metallic)
rwalker@rwalker.com
User avatar
rwalker
Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:25 am

Re: magnetic car number "decals"

Postby Ryan McClune on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:03 am

I used these guys and they have been great.

http://www.soloperformance.com/Autocros ... _c_34.html
2001 Seal Grey 996 Carrera 4 - #581
2006 Black Cayenne S - Titanium Edition
User avatar
Ryan McClune
Member
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:53 pm

Re: magnetic car number "decals"

Postby kjr914 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:16 pm

Craig,
It appears Ryan and I think alike. I too used soloperformance.com. I've had the oval "meatball" number panel since late 2010. Its got one tear on the edge now after 7+ years of use and abuse. I tape the leading edge for track events (and put it on freshly cleaned paint) and its never come off. It did hold on for 125mph at Big Willow. Yes, I should be moving faster than that, but...you know...well...self-preservation instinct and all.

This is pretty much what I have:
http://www.soloperformance.com/Solotime ... 11947.html
Keith Rampmeier
2017 SDR Board of Directors, Secretary
2010- AX Instructor, PCA National DE Instructor
2013-2016 AX Equipment Co-Chair
#993 1996 993 C4S Polar Silber/Blk
Past Pcars: 914, 911 Carrera Targa Turbo-look
User avatar
kjr914
Autocrosser
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:14 am

Re: magnetic car number "decals"

Postby JayG on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:00 am

kleggo wrote:which vendor do you like to create magnetic / removable car numbers?
I'm not looking for semi-permanent vinyl decals.

how about this company?
https://www.trackdecals.com/collections/numbers-letters/magnetic

Thank you

Craig

I got my numbers from them. I would recommend them on quality and price

The quality if very good, they were just slow as molasses on a cold winter day in the snow. IIRC, I placed an order for some additional signs and it took around 2 months.The first ones I got was around 2 weeks

Their pricing ids about as good as you can get. They may be faster now, check their Facebook page for customer comments

YMMV
Jay Gedanken
Sliding down the slippery slope..
2004 986 S #990
2004 996 Targa
User avatar
JayG
Time Trialer
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:29 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: magnetic car number "decals"

Postby kleggo on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 am

JayG wrote:
kleggo wrote:which vendor do you like to create magnetic / removable car numbers?
I'm not looking for semi-permanent vinyl decals.

how about this company?
https://www.trackdecals.com/collections/numbers-letters/magnetic

Thank you

Craig

I got my numbers from them. I would recommend them on quality and price

The quality if very good, they were just slow as molasses on a cold winter day in the snow. IIRC, I placed an order for some additional signs and it took around 2 months.The first ones I got was around 2 weeks

Their pricing ids about as good as you can get. They may be faster now, check their Facebook page for customer comments

YMMV

Thanks for all the comments.
I ordered from Trackdecals on Tuesday, projected delivery is today.
Time will tell
Craig Fenstermaker

i'm here in Vista
User avatar
kleggo
Time Trialer
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:43 pm

Re: magnetic car number "decals"

Postby kleggo on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:03 pm

kleggo wrote:
JayG wrote:
kleggo wrote:which vendor do you like to create magnetic / removable car numbers?
I'm not looking for semi-permanent vinyl decals.

how about this company?
https://www.trackdecals.com/collections/numbers-letters/magnetic

Thank you

Craig

I got my numbers from them. I would recommend them on quality and price

The quality if very good, they were just slow as molasses on a cold winter day in the snow. IIRC, I placed an order for some additional signs and it took around 2 months.The first ones I got was around 2 weeks

Their pricing ids about as good as you can get. They may be faster now, check their Facebook page for customer comments

YMMV

Thanks for all the comments.
I ordered from Trackdecals on Tuesday, projected delivery is today.
Time will tell



FYI
trackdecals is offering 25% off through 30 September

use promo code drive25 (not sanctioned or approved by PCASDR.....................................
Craig Fenstermaker

i'm here in Vista
User avatar
kleggo
Time Trialer
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:43 pm

Re: magnetic car number "decals"

Postby Old Guy on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:23 pm

My TrackDecals set stayed in place perfectly on our M3's doors at Fontana's Bimmerfest, including three 20 minute sessions and a final session lasting over an hour. (Admittedly, I didn't top 125 mph on the main straight or turns.) Ditto on our '11 Carrera GTS at Spring Mountain. I leave them rolled up in the tube when not in use; doesn't seem to cause a problem. However, our new Carrera has aluminum doors and such, so I'll be looking for another solution. I don't think the set will stay in place on the curved rear fenders.
Jim "Old Guy" Dunlap
2017 Carrera 911 7 speed MANUAL trans, Lava Orange :lol:
2017 Macan S, Sapphire Blue
2005 BMW M3 Comp Pkg, Interlagos Blue
2005 Volvo V50 Spt Wagon, Passion Red
Old Guy
Autocrosser
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:07 pm
Location: Oceanside


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], EricMarc-Aurele and 3 guests