Jan 06, 2018 AX

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Jan 06, 2018 AX

Postby A.B. on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:31 am

Congrats to Jerry Bumpus and the AX team for hosting a great 2018 AX season opener. Would have made Mark Curran proud. Here are some images from the event to share. Happy New Year !

"AB"

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CUY2TY8Qg8o64kPf1
Adriano Bortolin
A.B.

Re: Jan 06, 2018 AX

Postby Ryan McClune on Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:06 am

Great work by everyone involved.

Thanks for the photos A.B.

Great driving yesterday!
Ryan McClune
2021 Chief Driving Instructor - Autocross
2021 PDS - Coming Soon
--
The Island of Misfit Toys:
2006 Atlas Grey Cayman S - #581
1973 Signal Orange 914 2.0
1974 Grey International Scout - DONKEE
2008 Oxford White-ish Ford E-350 4x4
Ryan McClune
Autocrosser

Postby LUCKY DAVE on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:08 am

As usual, I had lots of fun :D
The Dr Jekyl/Mr Hyde track layout kept me on my toes, I had to keep telling myself not to try too hard on the last few corners :lol:
Nice pics A B.
David Malmberg

2015-2016 AX CDI team
PCA National DE Instructor
member, Texas Mile 200 MPH club
"A finish is a win! Moderation is the key! More whine!"
LUCKY DAVE
Club Racer

Postby jbrennen on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:08 am

Great day, tricky course. Fun and challenging. The last 5 or 6 corners were absolutely devilish from a visual standpoint. Even when looking ahead, it was easy to get off line.

For the fourth time in the last three years, I show up with brand new tires and take #2 time of day. And it's always somebody different taking #1...  :bowdown: :surr:

One of these days the stars will align. I have faith... :rockon:

By the way, I shared some wisdom at the event... When you go out and try to drive faster, it rarely works out. Go out there and try to drive better!
Jack Brennen
2015 Sapphire Blue Cayman GTS
https://www.facebook.com/jbrennen
jbrennen
Autocrosser

Postby Erik K on Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:32 am

Great pictures Adriano!

AX team, you deserve a pat on the Back, Mark Curran would have been proud. Everything ran very smooth :D

Track was challenging and fun, I liked the first half with minimal cones, trying to squirt between the gates will hitting your line dead on and not pushing to hard was really fun. The second half of the track was old school SDR autocross with lots of cones and gradually got tighter as you approached the finish. It was interesting to drive a track with both characteristics built in. Second half was just as fun for me, Just focus on the important cones an keep the throttle on as much as possible in between :rockon:

Jack, I saw your car first thing Saturday morning and said to myself, " Dang! Brand new tires, he is going to be hard to beat!" Not going to lie, I Felt Rusty in the morning practice sessions, was turning 18's and 17's and just figured, well I'm giving it some good effort, Top 10 would be great at the end of the day. First time ever MR. WT and I road passenger in each others cars, and Dang that Miata is quick! After riding with WT, his aggression and sheer corner turn in and mid corner speed really showed me I was leaving some time on the table. I definitely had to dig deep in timed runs, was cool to pull out TTOD.

But man, I was not the only one who stepped it up. Dave Malmburg on his new skinny tire set up layed it down in Timed runs, as well as others. I'm going through the results, and I'm like who is this Rob Walker guy, he is flying! and I remember his name because last April in the SE lot I was 12th overall and behind Rob  :bowdown: . Cool to see lots of people really stepping it up, Ryan Mclune. Rocardo in his Cayman. I also really enjoyed meeting some newer members, The Van Noy's, and the Gildersleeve's. The club / driving events have a really fun and lively feel to it.

Big thanks to my Dad, Mark Kinninger for the last minute alignment tune up Friday night, Car felt better then ever. I know he really enjoys tinkering on these old air cooled cars, and then getting the reward of seeing them perform.

Erik Kinninger
81' 911 SC
Erik K
Time Trialer

Postby rwalker on Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:50 am

Thanks for the praise Erik. Yours was an incredible drive from CC04. I only got to see tiny snippets of your laps but those snippets looked damn good.

I was also turning 18s in practice, but that was due to tires, which I changed to sticker 71Rs for timed runs. I'm kicking myself for coning my fastest run, but it wouldn't have helped me for BRI.

I really enjoyed the track and the well run day. Big thanks to the autocross team and its new management.
Rob Walker - #171
2004 Boxster S (Midnight Blue Metallic)
rwalker@rwalker.com
rwalker
Autocrosser

Return to General Discussions