Slippery slope and a motor coach.....

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby kary on Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:54 am

I want (must) camp.need 50 amp hook up.
Last edited by kary on Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby MVZ944T on Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:59 am

Robert,

We will be camping at the track. Space with hook ups please. Do you know if they have 50amp or 30amp outlets?

I may try to get there a day early if they have an open day on Friday.

Thanks,

Mike
MVZ944T
Time Trialer

Postby JHPGT3 on Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:34 pm

Several of us would like to camp at the track with Kary or Mike in their new rigs. Would there be a charge for that?? :lol:
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby kary on Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:40 pm

JHPGT3 wrote:Several of us would like to camp at the track with Kary or Mike in their new rigs. Would there be a charge for that?? :lol:

you can camp around me but not with me :)
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
kary
Pro Racer

Postby MikeD on Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:28 pm

Kary, you may know this already, but you can get a 50 -> 30amp connector (as well as 30 -> 15).

Also, as an idea, you may want to camp someplace for a weekend between now and BW. You'll learn what you need and will not be able to get once you get to BW. As an example, I ended up needing to buy new sewer line as the one they "gave" me didn't work worth a crap (pun intended ;)). You're going to be visiting Camping World about as much as you do Home Depot now ;).
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby kary on Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm

MikeD wrote:Kary, you may know this already, but you can get a 50 -> 30amp connector (as well as 30 -> 15).

Also, as an idea, you may want to camp someplace for a weekend between now and BW. You'll learn what you need and will not be able to get once you get to BW. As an example, I ended up needing to buy new sewer line as the one they "gave" me didn't work worth a crap (pun intended ;)). You're going to be visiting Camping World about as much as you do Home Depot now ;).

Mike, yes, my coach already has a 50 to 30 adapter and that is good advice to camp before hand. We have plans this weekend in fact on pick for an over night trip.

As far as BW, there are RV pads at one end of the track on the netrance side. I have not looked when I was there at exactly what they had, but if I need to dry camp for the weekend I can do that also. It would just be easier to connect up for power and water for example.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
kary
Pro Racer

Postby MVZ944T on Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:57 pm

Kary / Mike.

I emailed the track today. They have two sites with 50 amp (I asked to reserve one). And the rest are 30 amp. I am sure they have water, but I doubt they have sewer hook ups. Day before the event is a BMW club day, not ope track. Shucks!

John, you can sleep in the basement if I take the tires out (and you don't snore!)
MVZ944T
Time Trialer

Postby kary on Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:33 pm

Jan Mellinger wrote:I have room, Kary. Let's talk this weekend.

Jan Mellinger

Jan, Thanks for the offer. I can be reached at 760-917-4432. Talk to you soon!
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
kary
Pro Racer

Postby Robert on Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:01 pm

OK, here's the deal with camping at Buttonwillow....

The 24 hour security that the track requires if anyone is camping wasn't included in the event budget. Therefore, those that camp will need to pony up for that and the track's hookup fee. So if you want to camp for the weekend (Friday and Saturday nights) you'll pay $60 to the Club to cover the required security and then you'll pay the track directly for your RV hookups. The track has quoted $40 and $45, depending on the space, for the weekend as the cost for that. Note that last year the price they quoted ahead of time and what they charged on-site to hookup were two different things, so I'd suggest you consider the hookup fee to be "indicative". Therefore, your indicative camping cost for the weekend is likely to be about $100 all-in.
Robert
Time Trialer

Postby kary on Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:28 pm

Robert wrote:OK, here's the deal with camping at Buttonwillow....

The 24 hour security that the track requires if anyone is camping wasn't included in the event budget. Therefore, those that camp will need to pony up for that and the track's hookup fee. So if you want to camp for the weekend (Friday and Saturday nights) you'll pay $60 to the Club to cover the required security and then you'll pay the track directly for your RV hookups. The track has quoted $40 and $45, depending on the space, for the weekend as the cost for that. Note that last year the price they quoted ahead of time and what they charged on-site to hookup were two different things, so I'd suggest you consider the hookup fee to be "indicative". Therefore, your indicative camping cost for the weekend is likely to be about $100 all-in.

Robert, do you know if this is the case of other tracks for camping and RVs? I know there is usually a 25 to 30 dollar fee but I have not heard anything about the security fees.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
kary
Pro Racer

Postby Robert on Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:32 pm

Willow doesn't charge for security, just the hookup. California Speedway charges for it unless you are OK being locked out/in for the night. Pahrump didn't charge anything, but they only had dry camping (they are supposed to be putting in RV spaces, so who knows what their policy will be). Laguna Seca definitely does charge for security if you want to stay in the pits (without hookups). I don't think LVMS charges for security. Don't know about Sears.
Robert
Time Trialer

Previous

Return to General Discussions