Slippery slope and a motor coach.....

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Slippery slope and a motor coach.....

Postby kary on Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:57 pm

...well, I went and did it, bought a motor coach. Now I need a temporary place to store it in about a month so I can finish construction work around my house to handle parking it there. Anyone have some spare space for a 36" Class A motor coach. It would be about 12.5' high. Thanks for the help in advance if anyone can help out in about a month!

Kary
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Re: Slippery slope and a motor coach.....

Postby jrgordonsenior on Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:31 pm

kary wrote:...well, I went and did it, bought a motor coach. Now I need a temporary place to store it in about a month so I can finish construction work around my house to handle parking it there. Anyone have some spare space for a 36" Class A motor coach. It would be about 12.5' high. Thanks for the help in advance if anyone can help out in about a month!
Kary

Well I could find a place for it in Las Vegas for a week or so, then probably down in Phoenix for a week, then maybe up in Buttonwillow for awhile.....
Spec Boxster-sold
997 S-garage queen
jrgordonsenior
Autocrosser

Postby kary on Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:45 pm

jrgordonsenior wrote:
kary wrote:...well, I went and did it, bought a motor coach. Now I need a temporary place to store it in about a month so I can finish construction work around my house to handle parking it there. Anyone have some spare space for a 36" Class A motor coach. It would be about 12.5' high. Thanks for the help in advance if anyone can help out in about a month!
Kary

Well I could find a place for it in Las Vegas for a week or so, then probably down in Phoenix for a week, then maybe up in Buttonwillow for awhile.....

You have a point there....I could just go on a racing trip that would be for a month or so until the construction work is done! But seriously, I need to find something in the next month even if it is a vacated storage spot that require a monthly payment.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
kary
Pro Racer

Postby MikeD on Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:57 pm

kary wrote:... 36" Class A motor coach.

Wow, don't think I've ever seen one that small. Are you sure it's not 36' ( ' = feet and " = inches ;))?

You could do what I am doing. Storing it at San Elijo Sun PM thru Fri AM. Then on the street (for no more than 72 hours), then back to San Elijo. It's nice living at the beach for $25 a night :D.

BTW Kary, can I use your curb Memorial Day weekend? Dag nab tourists took all the camp spots! (J/K).
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby kary on Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:23 pm

MikeD wrote:
kary wrote:... 36" Class A motor coach.

Wow, don't think I've ever seen one that small. Are you sure it's not 36' ( ' = feet and " = inches ;))?

You could do what I am doing. Storing it at San Elijo Sun PM thru Fri AM. Then on the street (for no more than 72 hours), then back to San Elijo. It's nice living at the beach for $25 a night :D.

BTW Kary, can I use your curb Memorial Day weekend? Dag nab tourists took all the camp spots! (J/K).

Yes, sorry about that, keyboard was malfunctioning between the ' and ", or maybe that was my fingers or brain :)

Regarding Memorial day weekend, I do not think my neighbors would like that as I think they are going to be somewhat amazed by my motor coach when it shows up there next weekend.......
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
kary
Pro Racer

Postby MikeD on Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:41 pm

So I'm wondering if there is some sort of 12 step program for this "slope". But I suppose it wouldn't matter as I think the first step in most of those programs is you have to want to stop. Guess we'll just keep sliding... there's bound to be a bottom somewhere, right?
Mike Dougherty
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby kary on Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:43 pm

MikeD wrote:So I'm wondering if there is some sort of 12 step program for this "slope". But I suppose it wouldn't matter as I think the first step in most of those programs is you have to want to stop. Guess we'll just keep sliding... there's bound to be a bottom somewhere, right?

Yes, when we run out of money or the wife leaves me, in which case I will be out of money as well :roll:
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
kary
Pro Racer

Postby Jad on Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:14 pm

MikeD wrote:So I'm wondering if there is some sort of 12 step program for this "slope". But I suppose it wouldn't matter as I think the first step in most of those programs is you have to want to stop. Guess we'll just keep sliding... there's bound to be a bottom somewhere, right?

Well, Ferrari and Toyota are at about $500 Million annually for their F1 programs. Compared to that, we have a LONG way to go to the bottom of this slope. Lots of people are certainly speedy down, and ironically, storage space seems to be one of the biggest brakes on our slides.

Quite an F1 race for a change. About the best final 12 laps I have ever seen in F1. Guess Ferrari should spend just a little bit more?
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby JHPGT3 on Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:36 pm

Congrats Kary,
Tell us more about your new toy (make, model amenities etc.)
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby kary on Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:56 pm

JHPGT3 wrote:Congrats Kary,
Tell us more about your new toy (make, model amenities etc.)

Ok, it is a Country Coach Inspire 330 model year 2005. The model year 2006 coahes are already out and there were some 2004's still there if anyone is interested. Made in Oregon. Kind of a smaller manufacturer but of high quality and many amenities. The coach is a Deisel Class A pusher (Rear engine, but not air cooled unfortunately :) ). It is a 400 HP 1100 ft/lb of torque motor with the torque at 1400 rpm. It is a Caterpillar C-9 motor. The length is 36 feet and it has four slides for added room while parked. Has a nice entertainment center with a 32" LCD high definition TV receiver and satellite TV (mobile in motion) DVD/CD and VHS. Also a 20" tv in the bedroom. Has a kitchen, 3 burner stock, convection microwave, sink, large refrigerator, etc... Has two couches (fold out beds), and breakfast both (also can be made into a bed. SHower, private toliet area, two sinkes and of course a lot of storage inside and below outside. Auto 4 jack leveling, electroic awning, wind sensors for awning, big generator up front for dry camping, ladder for roof access, and tows 10,000 lbs without issue. The option list is quite long but we are very pleased with the features and quality of the coach. We have not taken delivery yet as they are going over the coach to make sure everything is in order.

We will be able to store it at our house with some more construction added to what I already did to park the trailer I have. It will be nice to have it on our property rather than pay monthly storage fees but I need somewhere temporarily to store it until the construction is done. All in all I think it will be quite nice for track events but we got it to use for the family to come to track events and also to take more family trips around the state and country. Should be quite exciting in the future!
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
kary
Pro Racer

Postby JHPGT3 on Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:15 pm

I looked at some pics on the Country Coach WEB site. VERY, very nice!
Will you have it at BW in June?
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby kary on Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:28 pm

JHPGT3 wrote:I looked at some pics on the Country Coach WEB site. VERY, very nice!
Will you have it at BW in June?

Yes, I plan on having it there! Stop by to take a look.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
kary
Pro Racer

Postby JHPGT3 on Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:27 am

How about a MacCallen? :)
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby MikeD on Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:52 am

Kary, we're going to have to swap notes, secrets, stories. I just took delivery of a Weekend Warrior SLC3905 a week and a half ago (and will also be making its maiden track trip to BW).

kary wrote:... Has a nice entertainment center with a 32" LCD high definition TV receiver and satellite TV (mobile in motion) ...

I am particularly interested in details about this. Which antenna? Which service? Is there something special about the TV or will an off-the-shelf unit with stand the bouncing around?
Mike Dougherty
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby David J Marguglio on Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:57 am

Err...Mikey, dont you need a pickem up truck to pull a fifth-wheel? Or did you sneak out and trade your RR in on an F350?
Personal driving coach to:
Maria Sharapova
1993 Martin-thrashing RS America
2004 Cayenne
David J Marguglio
Time Trialer

Next

Return to General Discussions