Slippery slope and a motor coach.....

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby JHPGT3 on Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:02 am

Holy Cow! What's going on here? Motor coaches! Week-end Warriors! :o
Are we having an economic boom that I don't know about? Hey, I just went "direct deposit" on my Social Security check to make sure it gets in my account asap! :cry:
I think you two should schedule a party at BW for all us wannabees :lol:
Congrats, Mike. Which one did you get?
JP
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby MikeD on Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:03 am

David J Marguglio wrote:Err...Mikey, dont you need a pickem up truck to pull a fifth-wheel? Or did you sneak out and trade your RR in on an F350?

More like Diesel F450 4X4 Crew Cab Dually. And believe it or not I actually found a place where diesel is cheaper than 87 (76 on Mira Mar & Eastgate Mall).

But yeah, RR could barely pull the open trailer, not going far with an enclosed anything.
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby David J Marguglio on Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:22 am

Well congrats Mike, I see the settlement for that botched Botox treatment finally came through! :lol:
Personal driving coach to:
Maria Sharapova
1993 Martin-thrashing RS America
2004 Cayenne
David J Marguglio
Time Trialer

Postby MikeD on Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:00 pm

Funny Dave, real funny!

Get your car finished so I can kick your a&% AGAIN! :shock:
Mike Dougherty
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby MikeD on Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:00 pm

JHPGT3 wrote:Congrats, Mike.

Thanks John.

JHPGT3 wrote:Which one did you get?

The big one! ;)
Mike Dougherty
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby kary on Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:27 pm

MikeD wrote:Kary, we're going to have to swap notes, secrets, stories. I just took delivery of a Weekend Warrior SLC3905 a week and a half ago (and will also be making its maiden track trip to BW).

kary wrote:... Has a nice entertainment center with a 32" LCD high definition TV receiver and satellite TV (mobile in motion) ...

I am particularly interested in details about this. Which antenna? Which service? Is there something special about the TV or will an off-the-shelf unit with stand the bouncing around?

Mike, these are standarad units from what I understand that are just mounted into the coach. Mine were already installed so I cannot comment on how they need to be installed.

Looks like we can do some show and tell between or rigs and maybe learn somethings that are in common.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby MVZ944T on Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:08 pm

Kary,

Congradulations on the new purchase. If you did not do so, when the time comes, purchase a good extended warranty. I just had to replace both front air valves for the levelling system. They were $450 each and my warranty did not cover them. I was whining to the repair shop and they said be glad you don't have a Country Coach, as they have 30 of the valves in their system. Thank God I only have 4. You might check that out so you know what you have down the road. I am not sure if all the Country Coaches have that many, or just a specific model. At any rate, you will enjoy the AC and the shade in the summer at WSIR, the heater in the winter, your mobil tool shed (well, you kind of had that already), and the overall comfort of bringing your house with you to the races. With 400hp you will be blowing by me on the hills for sure. Hopefully not on the track!! Congrads!
MVZ944T
Time Trialer

Postby kary on Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:35 pm

Mike,
The 40 airbags are in the really high end coaches which I do not have, nonetheless I am going to get and extended plan because there are so many things that can fail for sure!
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
kary
Pro Racer

Postby Jan Mellinger on Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:15 am

I have room, Kary. Let's talk this weekend.

Jan Mellinger
Jan Mellinger

Postby Robert on Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:14 am

How many of you guys want to camp at Buttonwillow for sure? Jack is looking into the arrangements now but it would be helpful to know who wants to do it. Keep in mind those motels are sweet so you may want to just stay there even if you have an RV. :wink:
Robert
Time Trialer

Postby MikeD on Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:27 am

Robert, I wasn't aware we had to give them advance notice. I was just going to see about getting a spot when I got there. So yeah, I am planning to camp at the track.
Mike Dougherty
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby Robert on Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:55 am

In order for even one person to camp overnight at Buttonwillow, the track requires a security guard to be present (if you just want to hook up your rig there, use it during the day but stay in town, no prior arrangement needs to be made although the track will come around and charge you for power and water...and it would still be helpful to know who wants to do that). Thus we need to arrange for overnight camping in advance and there's an extra cost so it's helpful to know what the demand is.
Robert
Time Trialer

Postby MikeD on Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:07 am

OK. I did not know that. Any idea what it costs for the guard? What about hookups? I looked on their site but they do not list a price.
Mike Dougherty
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby kary on Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:12 am

Robert thanks for pointing this out. I want to camp out overnight. If I cannot I will not be attending given the investment I have made in my motorhome. Doesn't make sense to get a motel for me and my family even if it is cheap. So I hope we can camp overnight.
Kary
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
kary
Pro Racer

Postby Robert on Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:27 am

Last year I think they charged me $35 a night to camp (that's just the real estate and hookups...it's possible that was the cost for the whole weekend, rather than per night, but I can't remember). The security guard was on top of that. Let's not worry about the guard cost right now, just post if you'd like to camp.
Robert
Time Trialer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions