Airbrush touch-up recommendations?

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Airbrush touch-up recommendations?

Postby fjamoroso on Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:00 pm

Greetings all,

I lived in Colorado for 17+ years and while suburban living in Boulder wasn't as hard on cars as my urban living years in San Francisco, the Colorado weather conditions were quite a bit tougher, especially in the winter. As such, I had a trusted PDR provider and a highly trusted airbrush touch-up guy. Every year they each would give my cars a once over. It was kind of a like a day at the automotive spa. Anyway, since leaving Colorado in 2013, I have been unable to find a good touch-up provider. Does anyone have any recommendations for touch-up professionals in San Diego or North County? I've used Dr. Colorchip on my black (A1) '88 Carrera and Le Mans Blue BMW, but I have a PTS Gemini Blue metallic (code 335 9 3) '87 Carrera that will prove challenging to color match and I'd like to enlist the services of a professional.

Thanks,
Frank Amoroso
Frank Amoroso
fjamoroso

Re: Airbrush touch-up recommendations?

Postby sf.in.sd on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:28 am

West Coast Specialties is a full service shop that also does minor touch ups for a reasonable price. I needed a touch up where the rear lid was misaligned on my wife's Cayman, which rubbed off some paint. They adjusted the closure and sprayed the spot for ~ $100. Paint matching was not an issue. I also had a larger repair on my Valencia Orange (metallic) 1M from Qualcomm asphalt hitting the rocker panel, and it looked perfect!
http://westcoastspecialties.net/

Good luck,

Shawn
Shawn Flanagan
1987 924S - Spec 944 (co-owner SFRS Racing)
2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe
2012 Cayman R (by loan from spouse for occasional spirited driving)
sf.in.sd
Autocrosser

Return to General Discussions