Why, oh why?

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Why, oh why?

Postby Andrew Raines on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:25 pm

This is during timed runs on my third lap. Tires were perfect. He didn't point me by after this turn. At this point my gap was (.75) vs. my all time best. I could have relaxed the rest of the lap and still had an all time best. :banghead: :surr:

https://www.caliphotography.com/photos/ ... e=10634889
Andrew Raines
Autocrosser

Re: Why, oh why?

Postby rshon on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:57 pm

C'mon people. If you are off the pace, please be aware of other cars closing on you. Most of the people should be experienced enough to time the catch on a straight where you can pull off line and slow down just enough to not spoil someone else's lap. Even during practice sessions. That's what a good driver does...
Russell
PCA Zone 8 Rules Tech Advisor
Z8 TT/DE Chair ('20-'22)
Z8 Rules Chair ('12-'18)

Porsche Boxster S
Scion FR-S
Lotus Exige S
Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road
rshon
Time Trialer

Postby Cajundaddy on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:26 pm

Yep, if you are off the pace, move over and let em go. This is clearly not your golden lap but very well may be his/hers. I have been stuffed like this 1/2 dozen times over the years and it is just pointless. Lots of drivers do CFOS but it is their only experience with our PCA style of timed runs. Bad form Turbo driver. :banghead: The one that got away...

Luckily, no such issue for me this weekend as my leader kept pace and my follower faded. Nice big open space for a pair of personal best laps. :rockon:
Dave Hockett
09 Cayman 2.9L PDK #129 (with a few tweaks)
CC08
PCA GPX CDI- Past
PCA National DE Instructor
Cajundaddy
Time Trialer

Postby Rick Levenson on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:48 am

Unfortunately, there were other drivers complaining about the same behavior by this driver during the practice runs. Andrew, I'm sorry that happened and I know how steamed you were when you came in. Still, you were driving great out there this weekend and it was fun hanging out and seeing you and Karen.
Rick Levenson #723

2001 996 Turbo Race Car
2015 GT3
2011 Cayenne S
Rick Levenson

Return to General Discussions