AX Track

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

AX Track

Postby Jad on Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:42 am

I think I found the missing curves from the DE track :shock:

I think I may be faster by removing the turbo and saving the weight as I don't think it will ever spool up looking at the track map. Greg may not get out of first gear....

Definitely a technical track, so the spec challenge should be good and the winner might just make the top ten 8)
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby Dan Chambers on Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:57 am

Is it my imagination, or is there really a >180-degree turn at F4? :shock: And then, there's that whole "2-decreasing-radius-turns at D3/E3....." :roll: Wow, what a technical course!

Jad, you might want to keep that fancy-schmancy chip in your car to raise the rev-limiter, and just drive spooled up in 1st gear all the way around the course. Or, you could ride the clutch a little .... slip the RPM's up to 4K, and work the throttle/clutch combo to keep spooled-up (" I love the smell of burning-clutch in the morning. Smells like victory." :lol: ) I doubt you'll see the brake pedal much on this track.

It will definitely be a tough, technical driver's dream. 8) I think the early 911's, 356, and 944N/A's will rank well on this course. Henry Walker could bring his 356 down and get TTOD :D !
Dan Chambers
"It's just a "well prepared" street car ... or a very, very well-mannered track car." :burnout:
1983 SC #91 3.6L, "Black Pearl" Livery
1987 944 (gone but not forgotten)
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby Gary Burch on Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:11 pm

I am surprised you guys think it is such a technical track for the ax. I drove it this afternoon and it actually flowed pretty well. the only tight spot was the decreasing radius at F4, but you are allready slowed by the off camber sweeper around F4. So if you get your car settled it should not be a problem. I was worried it would be toooo fast.

The QDE track is pretty much the same one we always run. The straight looks long but in reality it's not much. The turn at the end is open enough to almost be a sweeper.

As usual the lot defines the track. And the westlot is getting really bad. I would say that if something isn;t done SOON, we will be throwing SElot tracks in the westlot
Gary Burch
Club Racer

Return to General Discussions