Spring Mountain Improvements

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Spring Mountain Improvements

Postby Pete Millikin on Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:46 pm

I was perusing the Pelican Board and ran across some discussion about the improvenments at at Spring Mountain. Looks like new owners have added some amenities (flush toilets!) and are close to doubling the track layout.

From the Pelican BBS

I'd like to introduce myself. I am Janet Curran and do marketing for Spring Mountain Advanced Driving School.

Rupert Bragg-Smith sold Spring Mtn last June.

The new owners have exciting plans for the track.

We are currently waiting for the final dust permit to be in hand and then construction will begin on the new sections of the West track. We are talking just a few days.

The track is currently 2.2 miles containing 10 turns. This is a highly technical track where your car is in constant transition.

The new sections of track will add several choices of configuration with a possible total length of 4 miles (plus or minus). There will be a very high speed section or 2, or maybe 3 depending on the configuration chosen.

There are currently flush toilets in a modular building. This building has hot and cold running water and both heat and A/C.

A larger paddock has been graded and will soon be paved.

Grandstands are now installed.

There are many changes to come. To follow the changes to Spring Mountain, please visit our website at www.springmountainmotorsports.com

Janet

86 Carrera 3.2L #178
Pete Millikin
Time Trialer

Re: Spring Mountain Improvements

Postby jack miller on Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:22 am

Pete Millikin wrote:I was perusing the Pelican Board and ran across some discussion about the improvenments at at Spring Mountain. Looks like new owners have added some amenities (flush toilets!) and are close to doubling the track layout.

Yes, we will be running the new, 4-mile course. Check out the following link for a new Nevada track. They're also adding 2 miles of much more technical corners.

http://www.reno-fernleyraceway.com/trac ... course.php
jack miller
Autocrosser

Postby ttweed on Tue May 03, 2005 8:00 pm

That Reno-Fernley course looks like fun! Reminiscent of Riverside Raceway, I've heard.

I found this image of the expansion plans for Spring Mountain on the web:
http://www.nsxfiles.com/images5/radical ... p_big2.jpg

It's got 24 condos in the infield!
TT
Tom Tweed -- #908
SDR Tech Inspection Chair 2005-06
SDR Forum Admin 2010-present
Windblown Witness Assistant Editor 2012-present
Driving Porsches since 1964
ttweed
Admin

Postby Junior on Wed May 04, 2005 1:30 pm

Along the lines of new tracks in the west...The owner of the Jazz NBA team has just broken ground on a mega road course at 4 plus miles near Salt Lake City. He is hoping to attract pro road racing ALMS etc to the area....This is huge for those of us out in CO that really need a good track to go to.
1996 BMW M3
2002 Porsche Turbo X50
Junior

Return to General Discussions