WTB: G-Body decklid, valence & lights and 3.2 or 3.6 motor

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

WTB: G-Body decklid, valence & lights and 3.2 or 3.6 motor

Postby fjamoroso on Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:17 pm

Greetings all,

I have a few projects in the works and I am starting to look for parts. Of course, I would love to find stuff locally...

I have a '87 M491 widebody coupe that originally came as an M470 spoiler delete car. However, at some point in the past 31 years, it sprouted a rear tail. As such, I am looking for a smooth (i.e. no tail) engine decklid, preferably an '87 decklid painted in Gemini Metallic blue, located next door to me. We all know that isn't gonna happen, so... please let me know what you've got.

I would also like to source a 930 turbo non foglight front valence (from an earlier car).

I haven't decided what I am going to do for headlights, but if anybody has a set of 911 H4s, I may be interested. I may as well paint the decklid, front valence and headlight trim rings all at the same time.

I am also contemplating building a 3.4 liter motor from a 3.2, so i am potentially looking for a 3.2 core (or a built 3.4 for that matter). The other option that I am contemplating is a 964 3.6 swap. So, if anyone has one of those available for sale, please let me know.

That's it for now, but I'll be hitting folks up for bodyshop / paint recommendations once I've acquired a decklid and front valence. I've heard encouraging things about GA Coachworks.

Thanks,
Frank
Frank Amoroso
fjamoroso

Return to General Discussions