Drove Formula car at Monza!!!!

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Drove Formula car at Monza!!!!

Postby sean996 on Wed May 22, 2019 9:11 am

All,

The title says it all. I was scheduled to drive Damon Hills 1998 F1 car but there was torrential rain so I just played with a F3 car which was more than enough adrenaline!!!! Wow!! 160 mph down the front straight in soaking conditions! How about this for a great quote from the Italians that were my support staff... “don’t worry about losing it at high speed... the down force keeps the car stable. It’s the low speed corners where U need to be careful”. They were kinda right since I spun on my first lap on the first chicane lol but I had no desire to find out if I could truly keep it pinned like I’d practiced with Iracing :). Made up for it by passing the most experienced guy in our group in the afternoon session. We bonded after that second session and he asked if I had ever driven open wheel... I said “yes... this morning :)”... great guys.. none of them pretentious. Now I’m off to the Nürburgring.

See you all soon at the next autocross. Got a new lump going in the 308 with a dry sump system I designed and installed.... hopefully I got it right so I don’t have to take it easy on the corners like I have been ;)

Can I post pics from my iPhone somehow?

Cheers all!

Sean
Sean Dynes
sean996
Autocrosser

Re: Drove Formula car at Monza!!!!

Postby dcarusillo on Wed May 22, 2019 11:48 am

Damn! I am officially soooo jealous. Hammer down.
Dan Carusillo
PCA-SDR Past President, Former VP & Treasurer
1976 3.0 Carrera (Slightly Modified for track use)
1981 SC
2016 GT4
dcarusillo
Time Trialer

Postby ttweed on Wed May 22, 2019 11:57 am

sean996 wrote:Can I post pics from my iPhone somehow?

Hi Sean,
You need photos to be hosted somewhere else to include them in a post here--they cannot be uploaded directly to this forum from your phone, unfortunately.

Once they are hosted elsewhere, they can be placed in your post by including the direct URL to the photo surrounded by the image tags (img).

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun! Would love to see the pics. :beerchug:

TT
Tom Tweed -- #908
SDR Tech Inspection Chair 2005-06
SDR Forum Admin 2010-present
Windblown Witness Assistant Editor 2012-present
Driving Porsches since 1964
ttweed
Admin

Postby sean996 on Thu May 23, 2019 1:40 pm

Thanks Tom and Dan yes I will put my It support/ wifee on pic hosting. I look out my hotel right now and see “Nürburgring Driving Academy”... couldn’t figure out how the door worked to get on the balcony!!! Had to ask for instructions from the check in girls... Amazing engineering!!! Anyone dig what I’m saying? Seriously!!!! Amazing amazing. The engineering on the door to the balcony of the room is just additional testimony! If you’ve been here u know what I’m babbling about! Some dude towing a 356 in here at 10:30... a wide body old school 911 going out at 6:00 pm when we arrived. I think I want to move here. The passion of it all.. cheers
Sean Dynes
sean996
Autocrosser

Postby sean996 on Wed May 29, 2019 12:53 pm

Some video of the F1 car being prepped:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JC_VZ_RVA6Y
Sean Dynes
sean996
Autocrosser

Return to General Discussions