No AX at the Q in the near future - so far - but....

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

No AX at the Q in the near future - so far - but....

Postby Bill Behun on Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:25 pm

All,
I've been in contact with San Diego State and it was looking "encouraging" for this fall to maybe AX in the southeast lot.
No so as of now. SDSU contacted us car clubs and since football has been canceled SDSU will not have any events (even the ones for themselves) at the stadium.

There is an EVOC (emergency vehicle operation center) to be built in Otay Mesa that is aware the car clubs are interested in the facility. I went to the site and some dirt has been graded but it seems it will be some time before the center is up and running. Stay tuned. Signed, hopeful Bill
'80 911SC (AX FUN)
'94 968 "Practical" Porsche
Bill Behun
Time Trialer

Re: No AX at the Q in the near future - so far - but....

Postby Tom Helvey on Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:02 pm

Bill Behun wrote:All,II
I've been in contact with San Diego State and it was looking "encouraging" for this fall to maybe AX in the southeast lot.
No so as of now. SDSU contacted us car clubs and since football has been canceled SDSU will not have any events (even the ones for themselves) at the stadium.

There is an EVOC (emergency vehicle operation center) to be built in Otay Mesa that is aware the car clubs are interested in the facility. I went to the site and some dirt has been graded but it seems it will be some time before the center is up and running. Stay tuned. Signed, hopeful Bill

Thanks Bill! This is encouraging.
All of us should become advocates for the EVOC and its mission.
It might be worth sending some emails to our City, County, State, and Federal representatives supporting the effort.
Any AX course laid over the EVOC map is going to rock :)

Thanks
Tom Helvey
Gently tweaked 2004 Boxster S
Tom Helvey
Time Trialer

Re: No AX at the Q in the near future - so far - but....

Postby dcarusillo on Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:52 pm

Don't waste your time. If history is any indication of the BOD's current attitude, they aren't interested.
Trust me. I found out the hard way. :banghead:
Dan Carusillo
PCA-SDR Past President, Former VP & Treasurer
1976 3.0 Carrera (Slightly Modified for track use)
1981 SC
2016 GT4
dcarusillo
Time Trialer

Return to General Discussions