Werks Reunion caravan and C&C on 8/14/21

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Werks Reunion caravan and C&C on 8/14/21

Postby halfmonkey on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:22 am

If anybody is attending Werks Reunion, I'll be driving up on Thursday, August 12th. If you're interested in driving up in a caravan, I'd love to get a group going from PCA-SDR. My plan is to drive up on the 5, then to the 405, then to 101, then 1 the rest of the way. Google Map shows the drive will be about 8 hours and if you include lunch, gas and bathroom breaks, this can easily turn into a 10 hour drive.

With that being said, I'm planning on leaving SD between 7 and 8am. If anybody is interested in going up in a caravan, we can all meet at Porsche Carlsbad at 8am and leave from there. If folks know of any greater Los Angeles people interested in joining a caravan on Thursday, maybe we can collect them at PECLA by about 10am but that would require confirmed interest.

On Saturday, I'm planning on driving to Alice's Restaurant for an unofficial C&C at 8am and then from there drive through the mountains down to the 1 and then head to SF and Napa for some sight seeing and wine tasting. If anybody is interested in joining, feel free to meet at Alice's. It's located at 17288 Skyline Blvd, Woodside 94062.

Please note that neither of these two events are sponsored by PCA-SDR.
Richard Trang
'21 718 Spyder 39E Riviera Blue
halfmonkey
Autocrosser

Re: Werks Reunion caravan and C&C on 8/14/21

Postby Old Guy on Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:18 pm

Keep the faith, HalfMonkey. Your efforts to promote some involvement are noticed and appreciated, even if lots of folks are otherwise focused, or involved with other cliques within the club. Your suggested activities make sense. Speaking for ourselves, other things going on so we can't join you. Enjoy the Werks Reunion!
Jim "Old Guy" Dunlap
2017 Carrera 911 7 speed stick, Lava Orange :lol:
2017 Macan S, Sapphire Blue
2003 Morgan +8, Silver body with Dark Blue Wings
Old Guy
Time Trialer

Re: Werks Reunion caravan and C&C on 8/14/21

Postby halfmonkey on Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:35 pm

Old Guy wrote:Keep the faith, HalfMonkey. Your efforts to promote some involvement are noticed and appreciated, even if lots of folks are otherwise focused, or involved with other cliques within the club. Your suggested activities make sense. Speaking for ourselves, other things going on so we can't join you. Enjoy the Werks Reunion!

Just thought I would try to see if there is any interest. My plans have changed a little bit. My wife and I are planning to leave our house at 6am and since there isn't any confirmed interest in San Diego, we're going straight to Los Angeles to run a quick errand. From there, we're going to meet another person to caravan from Los Angeles and then I've got some other people to meet when I get to Monterey.

I'm also meeting a group of about 12 cars to drive into Werks Reunion on Friday morning if anybody is interested. We're meeting early though.

On Saturday, I'll be at Alice's Restaurant at 8am and meeting some people there as well. Feel free to join if you're interested.

Mark your calendars as I'd like to try and get a caravan of PCA-SDR folks to attend South OC Cars & Coffee on 9/4 over Labor Day Weekend. It will be another large turn out.
Richard Trang
'21 718 Spyder 39E Riviera Blue
halfmonkey
Autocrosser

Return to General Discussions