CFOS CR Last Hurrah?

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

CFOS CR Last Hurrah?

Postby dcarusillo on Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:57 pm

Well, not sure if this was the last tango at Fontana. Sure sounds like it...
They say nothing lasts forever, a cold beer has only 12 ounces, a good truck maybe 300 thousand...
Hell, remember when CFOS was a San Diego Event!??!

Finally sorted out the cooling and tuning issues with the car. It only took me 9 months. Guess I know how pregnancy feels now? :roll:
Really good to see most of the crew show up. Kinda felt like a reunion :beerchug:

If you are bored, an edited link for one of the Club Races is attached. Clip is a bit long, but the race was 45 min.
Synopsis: good qualifying, bad (safe) start and worked to climb back to high ground.....

https://youtu.be/F7Gy0i_ZbdI
Dan Carusillo
PCA-SDR Past President, Former VP & Treasurer
1976 3.0 Carrera (Slightly Modified for track use)
1981 SC
2016 GT4
dcarusillo
Time Trialer

Re: CFOS CR Last Hurrah?

Postby Andrew Raines on Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:34 pm

Thanks for sharing. Very enjoyable Dan
Andrew Raines
Autocrosser

Postby Old Guy on Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:36 pm

Interesting stuff, for sure. Thanks for sharing. Two questions: 1) at about what mph did you max out after the not-so-straight main straight, and continuing thru turns 1 and 2? 2) at about what speed were you hitting when passing under the bridge on the back straight?

FYI to All: the scuttlebutt at Fontana on the 11th (was there with Fast Toys)?? The Speedway tear-down/replacement might not go thru as planned. Issue = millions of cubic yards of contaminated earth, the mitigation for which could make re-development impractical in the near/medium term. Perhaps just wishful thinking???
Jim "Old Guy" Dunlap
2017 Carrera 911 7 speed stick, Lava Orange :lol:
2017 Macan S, Sapphire Blue
2003 Morgan +8, Silver body with Dark Blue Wings
Old Guy
Time Trialer

Postby dcarusillo on Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:51 am

Glad, you guys enjoyed my over sharing!

Well, I tried to include data tracing images....but I got exasperated and gave up :banghead:
This forum site reminds me of a Fortran programming class I took, when we had to use punch cards to enter lines of code!

Short answers: Top speed entering Turn 1 Mid 140's mph. Best was 145.9. On a good run thru 1 and 2, velocity is level at 139/140 mph.
Hadn't run there in awhile and would have liked to fiddled around more with running higher in the oval. But with the faster traffic during the race, lower is probably more predictable. Back straight coming out of the P-head, average top velocity low 120's. Quali trim I ran a 1:48.xx, race pace 1.49.xx.

So, a question for the Digitori? How can this forum be updated, making it more seamless for users to include additional data? A more robust forum experience would increase user quality and the quantity of users.

:beerchug:
Dan Carusillo
PCA-SDR Past President, Former VP & Treasurer
1976 3.0 Carrera (Slightly Modified for track use)
1981 SC
2016 GT4
dcarusillo
Time Trialer

Return to General Discussions