What's My Line?

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

What's My Line?

Postby Dick Hill on Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:02 pm

What’s My Line?

It’s a weekend to knock off your socks
Among neophyte Porsche car jocks.
Learn the apex of skills,
Contact patches of thrills,
‘Cause the SDR PDS ROCKS!

Save for a few errant cones, last weekend was beyond my highest expectations and certainly a highlight of my long and busy life. It was skiiing on wheels! You have a wonderful group of talented, dedicated members who did an outstanding job all around: sponsorship, course designs, organization, instruction, volunteerism, not to mention whistling at high volume. Groucho Marks famously said he would not want to belong to any club that would have him as a member, and that has been my general philosophy. However, PCA has been an exception. Not only the fine group at Cal Inland, friends who have taught me much, but SDR is surely in the top tier of PCA Regions. Keep up the great work, thanks for having me and and thanks for the memories!
Dick Hill
Cal Inland Region

2009 Boxster S
LIMRIX
Dick Hill

Re: What's My Line?

Postby ttweed on Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:54 am

Your enthusiasm is contagious, Dick, and brought back memories from my own PDS experience in 1997. The greatest epiphany for me was realizing that the throttle could steer the car by shifting loads if the tires were on the edge of grip at all 4 corners. This led to an exploration of the friction circle and vehicle dynamics that entertained and educated me for over two decades in a wide variety of cars. I have PCA-SDR to thank for that, and like all the instructor corps, I tried to give back some of the knowledge gained and thrills acquired over the years to new students in the sport of performance driving. It was always sweetly satisfying when I knew I had succeeded after a student had their own "AHA!" moments on the track.  :bowdown:

Cheers,
TT
Tom Tweed -- #908
SDR Tech Inspection Chair 2005-06
SDR Forum Admin 2010-present
Windblown Witness Assistant Editor 2012-present
Driving Porsches since 1964
ttweed
Admin

Return to General Discussions