Smog Check Issues

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Smog Check Issues

Postby Bluestreak on Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:20 pm

Doing a search I see that this topic of smog check issues had come up in the past....

Anyone running a Fabspeed exhaust on a 2009 or newer Boxster recently get the car successfully Smog tested at a location in the San Diego area that was a little less than diligent visually inspecting the emission system? If you want to share here please do or call me at 330 604 6618.

I recently purchased a 2009 Boxster S from a dealership in Nevada. When I took into a local San Diego smog check station it was visually inspected the car did not pass the Smog check because it was "missing 2 rear CAT's integrated with silencer, replaced with Fabspeed Exhaust system". Other than that it passed all other aspects of the Smog check.

Obviously when the smog check was done to sell the car the visual inspection was not done or they just didn't know what to look for. Now I am getting into it with the dealer that I bought the car from hoping for them to pay to have the car brought back to OEM emission equipment standards or buy the car back. That being said if I keep the car I do like the sound of the Fabspeed system and might reinstall later if I can't get the car smog tested as is.
Greg Nickols
Bluestreak

Return to General Discussions