Carrera GT Wreck

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

NBC News Article Link

Postby twitte on Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:05 pm

See this NBC news article for more (including a photo of the car after the crash)..

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/4562562/detail.html

More (10) photos of car after crash..
http://www.nbc4.tv/slideshow/news/4562709/detail.html

Photo of Ben (on left) at Hoehn Motors event:
http://www.pcasdr.org/photos/2005Maytec ... C02000.JPG

Here are more photos of the Tech Session at Hoehn Motors where Ben was showing his car....
http://www.pcasdr.org/photos/2005Maytec ... hoehn.html
Ted Witte
twitte
Time Trialer

Postby Jan Mellinger on Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:58 am

I am incredibly sad and also angry about this news. Two young men have left many people devastated by their deaths. It sounds like a choice was made to not leave the track when he was supposed to, thus depriving families, spouses, children and friends of their loved ones. We really do have safety rules for a reason and this tragedy certainly highlights why we all need to be mindful fo them.

Jan Mellinger
Jan Mellinger

Postby paul hastings on Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:44 pm

Please be respectful and do not post what you think happened or heard down the line of communications. It's frustrating to read incorrect assumptions from those who really do not know all the details.
paul hastings

Postby Jan Mellinger on Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:32 pm

Believe me that I am not being disrespectful. I am a Marriage and Family Therapist who spent 15 years working in the field of death and dying. I know both first hand and professionally the impact that sudden death has on the survivors. My anger is over the senselessnes of this tragedy and am well aware of the lifelong impact it will have on the friends and families of those who died.

Jan Mellinger
Jan Mellinger

Postby David Ray on Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:58 pm

Our prayers go out to the individuals tragically killed at Fontana....
David Ray
Autocrosser

Postby rss996 on Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:34 pm

Ben, rest in peace.....I will miss you!

Robert
rss996
Autocrosser

Postby ceokid on Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:44 am

He died doing something he loved. I never really met him, but felt I knew him because of his presence on these message boards.
I was looking forward to seeing him and his car at the upcoming Palomar tour.
Last edited by ceokid on Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ceokid

Postby edb on Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:06 am

I just copied this from the Ferrari chat room. Ben's services will be tomorrow Wed. June 8.
edb

Here's the info on Ben Keaton's memorial service. If you would like to attend, I'm sure that Charlotte would very much appreciate your support....

Memorial Service:

Wed. June 8

El Camino Memorial Park
5600 Carroll Canyon Rd.
San Diego CA 92121

11:00 am - noon: Viewing

Noon - about 1:30pm Memorial service

A reception will be held after the service.

Charlotte told me to express to everyone that she would like everyone who would like to attend the memorial service, viewing and reception. Ben would have wanted to be around all of his friends. Also the family told me that the dress will be extremely casual, shorts and a t-shirt, true Ben style. Having black on is not necessary.

Craig

Hello Everyone,

I just got off the phone with Steve Bischel, and he informed me that Corey's service will be on Thursday at 3:30 p.m. at La Jolla Country Club. The family would like to invite anyone who might be interested in attending to come to the service. If anyone has any questions, please contact me and I'll try to answer them for you as best I can.

Craig
edb

Previous

Return to General Discussions