Buttonwillow Time Trial Thanks

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Buttonwillow Time Trial Thanks

Postby gulf911 on Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:23 am

To everyone involved thank you! for a great event. Tons of track time and very smootly run! :D

Thanks to Steve Grosekemper & crew for providing the caution tape :lol:

Big thanks! to Ethan for the tow after running out of fuel on the track.

Big Thanks go out to Mr. Mike Gagen for taking the time to show me the line and allowing me to place higher than last... :D

Huge Thank you to Allan Faragallah for fixing my car so I could run timed runs.

And lastly thank you to Jad "Capt Neptune" for beating me once again... :roll: Very fast run actually, congrats Jad!

Thanks everyone!
Dan Andrews
#2 Carmine Red GT4 , 19" Forgelines , LWBS.
gulf911
Pro Racer

Postby Jad on Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:25 am

Well, you beat me on the post by a few seconds. At least you have that!

Fun and safe weekend, thanks again!
Last edited by Jad on Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby kary on Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:52 am

Yes. thank you Jack and Robert! Great event. I sure am tired from the driving and instruction on those hot days. I got 286 miles of track time this weekend. Clearly the winner for all clubs hands down in terms of track miles per buck!!! Though I sure went through some tires :)

Thanks again!!! Great event!!!
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby Pete Millikin on Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:14 am

Kudos to Jack, Robert & Kary - This really was a flawless event and your effort really shows in the results. Thanks
86 Carrera 3.2L #178
Pete Millikin
Time Trialer

Postby Jad on Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:32 am

kary wrote:Yes. thank you Jack and Robert! Great event. I sure am tired from the driving and instruction on those hot days. I got 286 miles of track time this weekend. Clearly the winner for all clubs hands down in terms of track miles per buck!!! Though I sure went through some tires :)

Thanks again!!! Great event!!!

Track time was certainly ample. My poor car did close to 500 miles with me in it for most of that, plus I rode with both Bill and Martin. After being in the first 4 sessions on Sunday, I definitely needed a rest. Though in 2003, it was similar and after timed runs I got a call from Amy who had just fallen snowboarding in Mammoth, breaking her shoulder, so I got in the 944 and drove to Mammoth to pick her and her equipment up and then home in a quick 13 hour trip. Not too many racecars that can do that (including mine now :wink: ) That was officially too much seat time, this year was much better!
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby bibbetson on Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:43 am

This was my first track event and I must say that I had an absolute BLAST! I've been hoping that someday I would be able to get to a track for about 10 years now, never thinking that I would actually make it. The experience was nothing short of incredible. Everyone was wonderful to be around and the event was run extreamly smoothly. As far as first experiences go, this was a 10 out of 10. I think I was a little spoiled attending my first event at such a great facility as Buttonwillow.

To all those that have not attended a time trial, once you feel comfortable with your car control instincts it's really a safe endevour that will give you seat time beyond anything you could imagine.

Thanks to all of you who put forth the effort to make such events possible.
billeye #491
'94 968
bibbetson
Time Trialer

Postby Curt on Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:59 am

Great event! I had a blast. It was very well run and it was probably very good for alot of us to get "right back on the horse" so to speak.

Thanks to all who made it happen.

Oh yeah, also thanks to Steve G for the Caution tape on mine and Dans cars. I guess that was retaliation for us TP'ing you car at the hotel in Willow Springs. We saw the Caution tape when we got back from the restaurant and we were cracking up with laughter. We left it on, but when I got up to the hotel room, I thought, "you know, someone is going to miss the joke completely and think we are a bunch of pretentious wankers that don't want anyone near our 'precious' cars". Call me the modern day Nostradamus for predicting that one....... We are wankers, just not pretentious ones! :D
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby Red Rooster on Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:11 pm

Yessiree !!!! A great weekend of turning laps at a great track, A huge thanks to Jack & Robert and everyone else who helped make this happen.... :D awesome job !!!

On another note ...contrary to getting back on the horse, I think I fell off just before timed runs !!!! :?

as I get up, dusting myself off....... :wink:
Johnny Riz
Red 73 911 AM #255
Red Rooster
Autocrosser

Postby martinreinhardt on Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:22 pm

Thank you Jack and the other organizers/volunteers for this excellent and fun event. It was my first time at Buttonwillow Raceway and it definitely one of my favorite tracks. I will make sure to free my schedule for the next Buttomwillow.
Martin Reinhardt
http://www.youtube.com/flatsixracer
Past - Timing, Registration, Webmaster, Certified Instructor

'07 Cayman S
'07 Formula Renault 2.0
'16 Cayenne
martinreinhardt
Pro Racer

Postby jack miller on Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:25 pm

bibbetson wrote:
To all those that have not attended a time trial, once you feel comfortable with your car control instincts it's really a safe endevour that will give you seat time beyond anything you could imagine.

Thanks to all of you who put forth the effort to make such events possible.

Bill, please keep spreading that message when you are at the autocrosses. I know there are a lot of AX drivers who will have a great time at the track, if they'd just make the small effort to try it.

Hope to see you and your family at Willow. BTW, Willow has an air conditioned lunch room, so the family will be able to stay cool.
jack miller
Autocrosser

Postby Tim Souza on Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:51 pm

I too had a great time :D Although I was unable to run all sessions, I was still blown away with how much track time we get. This was my first TT and it was great. I send my thanks to all involved, as it was BETTER then I expected.

Ethan and Paul had me going faster then I ever thought I could. I shaved about 30 seconds off my first run by the end of the second day, and thought I was the man 8) (still cant figure out how im supposed to be twenty seconds faster). :shock: I guess i'll have to run a few more AX to work on my speed...I should be ready in say... 10 more years :?:
SOUZA #42
1988 Carrera
2002 F-250
2005 Carrera
2009 BMW 128i
2010 Audi Q5
Tim Souza

Postby jrgordonsenior on Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:52 pm

Thanks again to Jack, Robert, and anyone else involved in the event. It was obvious that the event was well organized....
What a great track! Some really great times were posted Sunday. Congratulations to those that improved their time in the TT.

Hey Jack, what time's the driver's meeting again.....
Spec Boxster-sold
997 S-garage queen
jrgordonsenior
Autocrosser

Postby John Bell on Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:05 pm

I would also like to thank Jack, Robert and the others for putting this on as well as a BIG thanks to Kary for instructing me. He helped me improve quite a bit, all while running himself and working on his car between sessions.
Thanks to Bill for the instruction session and to everyone else that answered all my newbie questions throughout the weekend too.

The driving aspect of the event was a total blast, meeting lots of great people was an added bonus. I am looking forward to attending many more events in the future and getting to know you all better.

John
John Bell

Postby kary on Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:32 pm

John Bell wrote:I would also like to thank Jack, Robert and the others for putting this on as well as a BIG thanks to Kary for instructing me. He helped me improve quite a bit, all while running himself and working on his car between sessions.
Thanks to Bill for the instruction session and to everyone else that answered all my newbie questions throughout the weekend too.

The driving aspect of the event was a total blast, meeting lots of great people was an added bonus. I am looking forward to attending many more events in the future and getting to know you all better.

John

John, it was nice meeting you! Great car, and fun to hang with you! Hope you make it out and I will sign your book off one of these days when we hook up.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby John Bell on Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:34 pm

Kary, nice meeting you too. I forgot to thank you for the shade as well :)
I definitely owe you a few cold ones!
John Bell

Next

Return to General Discussions