Buttonwillow time trail results are up here.....

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby kary on Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:19 am

David J Marguglio wrote:
Maybe this is just an attempt to slander another race shop cleverly disguised to point to me because the accusing race shop had no car in the top ten?

Kary you are such an A$$. How could you possibly take what was so obviously a humorous poke comparing how this supposed protest over a non-issue of misclassification to the FIA’s ruling against BAR/Honda and turn it into a slap a local repair shop? Both of whom, I should add, have are friends of this club. Perhaps you should worry less about those shops and spend more time figuring out how you can utilize this forum for free advertising to further your own business interests. :roll:

Case in point:

While Sparco may be having a sale you might try looking at the Sparco products I offer which are significantly lower than the retial prices that Sparco charges for products....just a thought.

David, I think you have over blown this reponse as my response begins with a smiley face. I guess having good natured exchanges are only reserved for yourself as there was no ill intent to any shops as I am sure there was no ill intent on your behalf to point at me about cheating on my car classification.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby kary on Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:28 pm

John Bell wrote:Actually I was there and in PSS. I asked Kary the question about the tires on Saturday. He wasnt completely sure, so he called Jack over who was just across from us in the pits. Jack said at that time Evan was in the wrong class if he was using MPSC's. I assumed that it would be addressed since Jack was running the event.

I was surprised when I saw the final times posted on Monday that Evan was still in PSS. I asked Kary about it and he said I could make a protest by sending him an email which is what I did. Then he sent me Jacks response. I wish someone would have told me on Saturday that I needed to do something more than just notify Jack of the issue. The first line in the rules regarding protests states this:

"An informal discussion with the Event Chair and the concerned parties may resolve the possible protest."

We did have an informal discussion but it started as more of a question on my part because I am new to all this and did not have a clear understanding of the rules about car classes. I guess I should have said "I protest" when Jack said Evan was in the wrong class :)

I am kind of dissapointed this even became an issue in the first place because it seemed pretty black and white to me.

With that said, I want to make it clear that I had a great time and this issue was insignificant to me in the overall experience of the time trial. Having fun and learning how to be a better driver are infinitely more important to me than anything else.

John

The time trial team discussed and with the help of others including Evan have decided to reclassify Evan in this event to PS from PSS.

I have updated the results accordingly.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Previous

Return to General Discussions