Auto-X results for SUnday Posted here......

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Auto-X results for SUnday Posted here......

Postby kary on Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:31 pm

Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby Jad on Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:34 pm

Thanks for posting so quickly again!

I must reiterate, KP sucks. My driving resulted in dropping from 9th TTOD last time to 10th TTOD and from 6th in the BRI to 7th, yet still got 4th in KP :cry: The was only one other class that my time wouldn't have resulted in a first or second, good thing I am having fun or I might start running a "faster" class like MP or NP just to have a chance :lol:

Nice driving to everyone in KP (except Bob :P , serves you right Mr Hoosier!)
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby ttweed on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:50 am

There is a timing error in GP class results for Jerry Sturm, Jad, so you really were 6th again in the BRI, if that's any consolation. You're right, though, the KP gang is a tough crowd, and David came up with an outstanding run, although Bob has a lot of excuses to offer about how he was robbed of his low 1:15 with a dubious cone call. :D

For the timing crew: the computer had Jerry's last run as a 1:11.88, which we can all probably agree is not correct, since SG's TTOD was 1:13.77. He also hit 3 cones on that run, so he backed out of it and finished slowly. The time was probably more like 1:21.xx. Steve Dente pointed this out to me when we were looking at the posted results, so I talked to Jerry about it after the event and he had no idea where the 1:11 came from. It must be a typo? With the 3-cone penalty of 6 seconds added in, this bogus time still shows as a 1:17.88 in his results and has him winning GP class, while the truth is that Stacy Smith nipped him by about 1/2 a second. I think we need to throw out that last run of his, since he coned it away anyway. Change it to a DNF and the results will be right.

TT
Tom Tweed -- #908
SDR Tech Inspection Chair 2005-06
SDR Forum Admin 2010-present
Windblown Witness Assistant Editor 2012-present
Driving Porsches since 1964
ttweed
Admin

Postby B Wulff on Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:26 am

I'am ticked, and feel cheated!
I ran all three timed runs, clean, but I'am shown with a DNR for my first
run, which I ran clean.
On my second run towards the last 1/3 of the track I came up on #690, Tom Liguori, who apparently had an "off", I crossed the finish line very close to him and the clock posted a 1.22.xx for me.
I had run a 1.22 in practice and felt pretty good about the timed run display...but somthing went went wrong..... a timed run lost in space
Can I get a re-run

Brian #241 (yellow)
B Wulff
Autocrosser

Coming up behind #690 at the finish

Postby twitte on Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:44 am

Part 7 of the posted streaming videos (about 3/4 through the video stream) shows a red car coming up behind car #690 near the finish. Is that you? If so, we have it on video.
Ted Witte
twitte
Time Trialer

Postby bobbrand on Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:10 pm

ttweed wrote: Bob has a lot of excuses to offer about how he was robbed of his low 1:15 with a dubious cone call. :D
TT

I recall the sound of that cone hitting my rear tire.
On my second run, I was flying so fast down the back straight that I surprised myself and even anti-lock brakes, Hoosier fronts, and all the kings men could not stop the RSA from hitting the cones at the end of the braking zone. On the last run, it was classic to not only to spin, but to spin in such a way as to make corner worker and KP class winner David Marguglio run out of the way to avoid the car. Then I have to stop in front of David and concede in person and ask for permission to reenter the track. Very humiliating.

The only excuse I have is that I can't drive with my hands around my neck.
bobbrand
Autocrosser

Postby David J Marguglio on Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:26 pm

Bob: I would have paid a lot of money for an in-car video of that one. You sliding to a stop a few feet in front of me...my casual wave...your concession...me pointing you back on the track with your tail between your legs. Classic indeed. August AX cant come soon enough.
Personal driving coach to:
Maria Sharapova
1993 Martin-thrashing RS America
2004 Cayenne
David J Marguglio
Time Trialer

Re: Coming up behind #690 at the finish

Postby B Wulff on Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:35 pm

twitte wrote:Part 7 of the posted streaming videos (about 3/4 through the video stream) shows a red car coming up behind car #690 near the finish. Is that you? If so, we have it on video.

That's me, run #2 that the clock said 1.22.xx but somehow vanished, poof.....gone
I had three clean runs, and somehow ended up with a DNF and two timed.

I got gipped :evil:
B Wulff
Autocrosser

Postby TheStig on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:13 pm

Doh! That's it I'm getting new tires!
Andy Serrato AKA "MONGO"
1986 Porsche 944 #382 Up For Sale - Inquire Within!
1987 Porsche 928 S4 If it's too loud, you're too old!Image
TheStig
Time Trialer

Postby Dan Chambers on Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:12 pm

Jad wrote:Thanks for posting so quickly again!

I must reiterate, KP sucks. My driving resulted in dropping from 9th TTOD last time to 10th TTOD and from 6th in the BRI to 7th, yet still got 4th in KP :cry: The was only one other class that my time wouldn't have resulted in a first or second, good thing I am having fun or I might start running a "faster" class like MP or NP just to have a chance :lol:

Jad,

Maybe it's time to "go backward" and re-tune your car down to KS. :lol: Put the weight in, lose the wide fenders, run Azenis or RA-1's. :roll: I've watched you poor endless hours and a few $$ into upgrades to compete in a class that has frustrated you a bit. :oops: (Gee, I think I know of a guy in GP who's going thru the same thing.... :shock: .) So why not de-tune and use the current classification system/rules/BRI to your advantage? :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Dan C.
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby gulf911 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:19 pm

Jad wrote:Thanks for posting so quickly again!

Same story, updated car...you complained in GSS and now in KP.. :roll: What is it this time? Weight? HP? The 275s dont clear those huge fenders?? Fourth isn't so bad... :shock: You know I had to say something... :lol: Do like I do...you know how I compete in AM against cantilevers? I dont show up... :lol:

Good job on top 10 though! :D
Dan Andrews
#2 Carmine Red GT4 , 19" Forgelines , LWBS.
gulf911
Pro Racer

all those FI cars

Postby Henry Walker on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:21 pm

Wow! Where did all those FI cars come from? Congrats to Gary Burch for coming in on top in essentially an FS car. Atta Boy Gary!
Henry Walker
'67 911SWB #122
'65 356C-daily driver
Henry Walker

Postby MarthaMc on Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:02 pm

Tom Brown has the computer but I'll ask him to check into Jerry Sturm's time and also ask him see what's in the computer for Brian Wulff.
Martha
MarthaMc
Autocrosser

Postby Jad on Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:46 pm

Nice try Dan and Dan, but did you notice the good thing I am having so much fun part? And have you heard any complaints that I couldn't have won? No, I freely admit I left over .09 seconds on the track last time. I also can probably take out another 100 or so pounds for less money than it would take to put new shocks and springs in the car to get 'stock'. So neither of you will be anywhere near me on the track :P

I just need some time to finish the car and desire to really concentrate on driving, instead of teaching my family to drive or taking Miles to the hospital as at the last event (fell on/off a trailer and cut his chin open in case you missed it)

This class is fun and very challenging, just kinda sucks to consistantly get a top ten yet hover in 4th in class 3 events in a row. But I have beaten Bill, Martin and Bob in those three events, look out Dave, I have my target on you next time with the first to last curse assuring no one dominates KP :twisted:
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby TheStig on Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:15 pm

Hey Kary, just outta curiousity, did you build this database that has our records?
Andy Serrato AKA "MONGO"
1986 Porsche 944 #382 Up For Sale - Inquire Within!
1987 Porsche 928 S4 If it's too loud, you're too old!Image
TheStig
Time Trialer

Next

Return to General Discussions