Great Hot event

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Great Hot event

Postby MVZ944T on Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:00 am

Thanks again to Jack for chairing the event, Robert for doing the scoring. Too bad we can't do a few more during the year.
MVZ944T
Time Trialer

Postby Steve Grosekemper on Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:29 am

That was a really great event Jack. Tons of track time! learned a lot that I was struggling with at previous visits.

Best part is I never got more than 1/2 a wheel in the dirt, (and that was just for the show!)

Really a great group of drivers... a pleasure to run with as usual.

Personal note: I used a cool shirt for the first time because at BW I was feeling so wiped out at the end of the run session that I was making stupid brain fade mistakes. After 25 minutes in 103 degree heat I was ready for another 25 minutes! Cooler brain = better driving!
Steve Grosekemper #97
http://www.911SG.com
https://www.facebook.com/911steveg/
https://www.instagram.com/steve911sg/
PCA-SDR Tech Advisor/Scrutineer/Forum-Admin
1997 993S & 986S street cars & 911SC track car.
Steve Grosekemper
Admin

Postby pdy on Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:33 pm

BTW, I know some others got into the mess at the summit of 138 (at hwy 2). About a half-hour hassle for me. What up wid dat? Looked like 138 WB wuz open.
Accident? Landslide? Anybody know.
pdy
Time Trialer

Postby Otto on Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:20 pm

Thank you Jack, thank you Robert for the long hours you devoted to this TT, before and during the event, despite the searing heat. Another successful event to your credit.

I want to publicly acknowledge John Rickard of Black Forest and Mike Van Zandt whose quick and timely intervention allowed me to finish the weekend with a :) . Had it not been for the two of them, I would have not been able to run for time on Sunday. John quickly diagnosed the boost-leak problem I had with my 944 Turbo and Mike immediately offered me the spare part needed to repair it, without me even having to ask for it. John volunteered to make the repair during lunch time and I was back in business, only minutes before the timed runs. Thank you guys! Your camaraderie is very appreciated.
Otto H. Obrist
1986 944 Turbo # 577
Otto
Time Trialer

138 closure

Postby Greg Phillips on Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:43 pm

pdy wrote:BTW, I know some others got into the mess at the summit of 138 (at hwy 2). About a half-hour hassle for me. What up wid dat? Looked like 138 WB wuz open.
Accident? Landslide? Anybody know.

Not sure what the problem was, but I was in a convoy with Stacy Smith, Steve Grosekemper, Ethan Dahlkamp and John Kinkaid and we were about the last to leave and Stacy got a call from Steve Swinton who warned us about the closure so we were able to cut off at Phelan and catch I-15 there and come on down. I think Steve said it was a new record home of about 3 hours from Rosamond to San Diego. :wink:

Greg
Greg Phillips
Pro Racer

Postby john kinkaid on Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:41 pm

Thanks to Jack, Robert and everyone that made this a great, fun event.

Mucho thanks goes out to Stacy Smith who generously let me drive his car and towed my car home after the clutch expired on Saturday. Steve Grosekemper ran around helping everyone as usual and even got to try out at being a volunteer fireman :oops: . Mary Jo Nettles also generously offered the use of her car and a tow....even the socks off her feet! Once again, I am pleased to be reminded that it is the people, not the cars that makes this club great.
john kinkaid

Re: 138 closure

Postby Stacy Smith on Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:03 pm

....Steve Swinton who warned us about the closure so we were able to cut off at Phelan and catch I-15 there and come on down. I think Steve said it was a new record home of about 3 hours from Rosamond to San Diego.

3 hours and 2 minutes from the gas station at 14 and Rosamond Blvd to the door at Dieter's!! Big thanks to all - Steve Swinton for the traffic heads up - good trade for hauling the tires, Steve Grosekemper for risking sight and skin to drain what little oil was left in my stinking hot transmission to inspect the shift mechanism (and then have the stuff to execute the repair), Ethan D. for spurring us on to a quick ride home, Robert Baizer and Jack Miller for organizing the event, John Kincaid for not beating me, Greg Philips for beating me (and loaning me his rear hatch area mat as a workspace) and Porsche for making a transmission that could survive some pretty horrific abuse.....

When's Pahrump?
Stacy Smith

Return to General Discussions