UGH! Help with finding a car.

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby jack miller on Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:58 pm

Burl East wrote:David

Dude, you know I just work down the street and for a couple of bucks you can have your picture taken with me. :P Just kidding - it's way more than a couple of bucks.

Give me a call and I can walk you through the mods to my car, how I found it and what the costs were.

Having also owned a 993 (albeit a very uncompetitive one :lol: ) I like the RSA for the simple reason that it is mechanically simple - no radiator, no power steering, not too much computing power, basically a very simple car (for a very simple guy :shock: ) not a lot to go wrong.

Burl, hopefully you didn't have too much trouble with your 993's "radiator" either. :wink:

BTW, you can keep that no power steering business. Drive that thing in an enduro and you need arms like Popeye. Phew. I'm just getting lazy in my old age, I guess.
jack miller
Autocrosser

Postby martinreinhardt on Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:21 pm

David,

I can't wait until you find a nice 964 or RSA. I don't know which is better since I never drove an RSA against the clock, but I think Stock they must be about the same in performance.

As Jad mentioned it is a little bit a love/hate relationship with that car and the parts are 2x to 3x more expensive than on a 993, 996 or a Boxster. But, what a blast this car is once you removed at least 200-300 pounds of crap out of it. :lol: Plus , it loves to go fast :lol:

Let me know what class you are planning to run in. My plan was to join my buddies in JI next year. :wink:
Martin Reinhardt
http://www.youtube.com/flatsixracer
Past - Timing, Registration, Webmaster, Certified Instructor

'07 Cayman S
'07 Formula Renault 2.0
'16 Cayenne
martinreinhardt
Pro Racer

Previous

Return to General Discussions