Trash talk....

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Trash talk....

Postby kary on Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:57 pm

Hey, I was thinking today that we really have not quite achieved the level of fun trash talk we used to have on the forum (though the participation is certain coming up!). So I was thinking about ways that we could revive that fun attitude again and thought about the results database.

What do people think about putting up a page that allows someone to compare two or even more drivers against each other for events that the drivers particpated in. It could show the time differentials for each event and for over all season cumulative time differentials, etc....(suggestions?) This could generate some fun discussion between people. The BRI has spurred on good discussion so I thought maybe this would also.

Anybody?
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby MikeD on Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:35 pm

http://www.mylaps.com has this for the PCA club races at Fontana and Las Vegas (actually they probably do it for all the events). It was kind of fun to play around with it for the first few days after the events. I think all we would need to do is subscribe as a club and upload the data from AMB.
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby kary on Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:36 pm

This would work for Time Trial but not auto-x, at least until we can start using transponders in auto-x.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
kary
Pro Racer

Postby Jad on Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:31 am

It might work, but I think most of the really good trash talk got killed by posts saying what a waste their time it was having to read or sort through it and stupid of us to fill the forum with worthless chat. The forum should be used only for exchange of useful information about Porsches.

Maybe with the new forum, it will be easier to differentiate and could happen again, but it won't be easy. Your idea may be a good start.
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby David J Marguglio on Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:04 am

Jad, It really is a waste of time for you to tell us about what others thought about trash talk; that is just stupid. Please do not fill our forum with such worthless chat and GET ON WITH THE TRASH TALK! :twisted:

By the way, I am so going to kick your butt at the next autocross, and I don’t even have a car! :lol:
Personal driving coach to:
Maria Sharapova
1993 Martin-thrashing RS America
2004 Cayenne
David J Marguglio
Time Trialer

Postby Jad on Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:12 am

Oh, well when was the last time you beat me in your full race prepped 944 and I just drive a poor little stock 944. You should be ashamed :D Did you get your tennis shoes resoled by Hoosier?

Speaking of trashtalk - where are Dan and Curt, they are the masters and seem to have been unusually quiet recently.

Sincerely,
Capt Neptune
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby David J Marguglio on Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:39 am

Man, there I was all prepared to pull times off mylaps.com from Fontana and then I remembered...they dont have times for that little DE thingy, so alas I had no comparisions for how the Mobil 1 car stacked up to your bone stock 944 (which bears a remarkable resemblance to a turbo S). :wink: Hoosiered soled shoes...hee hee.
Maria Sharapova
2004 Cayenne
David J Marguglio
Time Trialer

Quiet?

Postby gulf911 on Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:01 pm

Jad,
Its when we are quiet that we are the most dangerous... 8) Funny I didn't see your water bucket at the last DE? How about the Sept 12 DE?
gulf911
Pro Racer

Postby Jad on Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:28 pm

I didn't have any tires for the last AX and DE, but I just don't have time to do all the events and my least favorite or the QDE's. They are great events, just not for me or my car.

I have AX tires and should be at the next AX, but you'll have to wait for October to see the full new and improved water bucket driving past you. Go drink some beer with your left hand, as you will need those muscles strong for all the waving by you'll be doing! :lol:

Can someone hang a bell on Dan so we can keep track of him and keep him from quietly lurking around :roll:
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
Jad
Pro Racer

Why?

Postby Curt on Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:58 am

Trash? You can't handle the trash!

There were some very funny trash postings, complete with Photoshopped pictures on the last message board. The problem is only about 7-10 people even appreciate them. On the old, old board we had a lot of fun but it used to get some of the members panties in a bunch. :roll:

The funniest thing that's happened on this board so far resulted in a temporary banning of the "guilty" but very creative and funny as heII poster.

Wouldn't we be better off discussing the next progressive dinner or bake sale? :D
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby David J Marguglio on Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:02 am

Yeah, maybe we could combine the progressive dinner with a rally!
Maria Sharapova
2004 Cayenne
David J Marguglio
Time Trialer

Postby kary on Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:12 am

Hey, Curt (or was it Dan), you still have your panties in a bunch about the banning? Thought you would have gotten over that by now.

I would have thought having something to really compare drivers would really fuel your debates with Jad. Guess I was wrong.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
kary
Pro Racer

Re: Why?

Postby MikeD on Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:14 am

Curt wrote:On the old, old board we had a lot of fun but it used to get some of the members panties in a bunch. :roll:

I think their panties are still in a bunch! Must be painful. I think they should try boxers.

I'm not very good at trash talk (right Mike G?) or I would join in the fun :?
Mike Dougherty
'02 986 S - Arctic Silver/Black - #757 -- gone but not forgotten
MikeD
Club Racer

Postby Jad on Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:08 pm

Kary, if you think good hard facts would encourage trash talk, then you just don't get trash talk :D We needs lots of what ifs and if only, not actual facts :wink: .

For example, IF we were to race karts, then I would easily beat Dan and Curt. But of course they never show up for kart racing, so I will never be able to prove this and they will reply with some blind squirrel comment. They seem to know a lot about blind squirrels. :?
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby David J Marguglio on Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:34 pm

Jad, you really should try to be more PC with your trash talk. Let’s leave harmless animals out of this. I see now reason to smear squirrels the handicap or handicapped squirrels to further your own smack talk. Don’t be jackass monkeyboy.
Maria Sharapova
2004 Cayenne
David J Marguglio
Time Trialer

Next

Return to General Discussions