Autocross tips from auto-x page

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Autocross tips from auto-x page

Postby bobbrand on Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:42 pm

I had never noticed the prep tips that are offered on our own autocross page. I think that Jad, Bill-Tami, and Martin should definitely take these into consideration before the next event...

"Make sure your gas tank is full, your tires are properly inflated, and you have enough brakes and tires for a "road trip". If you wouldn't drive cross country on those tires, they're not ready for an autocross! "
bobbrand
Autocrosser

Postby martinreinhardt on Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:54 pm

Full tank of gas :shock: I tried that once before. Worked great :lol: :lol: :lol: for the rest of KP, I finished 5th that day. :(

But, I have been told a full tank will make those two shiny red KP cars faster. Plus, I still have some sandbags, they will help with the center of gravity and grip. :lol:
Martin Reinhardt
http://www.youtube.com/flatsixracer
Past - Timing, Registration, Webmaster, Certified Instructor

'07 Cayman S
'07 Formula Renault 2.0
'16 Cayenne
martinreinhardt
Pro Racer

Postby Bob Gagnon on Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:02 am

Don't forget to include the spare tire and the toolkit for your road trip, maybe some extra cans of oil and a bigger battery too.
Bob Gagnon
Time Trialer

Re: Autocross tips from auto-x page

Postby Jad on Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:38 am

bobbrand wrote:I had never noticed the prep tips that are offered on our own autocross page. I think that Jad, Bill-Tami, and Martin should definitely take these into consideration before the next event...

"Make sure your gas tank is full, your tires are properly inflated, and you have enough brakes and tires for a "road trip". If you wouldn't drive cross country on those tires, they're not ready for an autocross! "

I am beginning to think you are not really trying to help us Bob - this post could actually be construed as rather unsporting of you :shock: :lol:

Stay away from Dan and Curt, your car is not THAT old yet.......
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby Curt on Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:14 pm

Our cars aren't going to look quite so old anymore. Front splitters and F-117 wings have been ordered for Pahrump. Why should you guys get all the downforce? :lol:

Now if we could just figure out some way to get these pigs to actually slow down under braking. :roll:
Curt Anderson
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby kary on Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:28 pm

Curt wrote:Our cars aren't going to look quite so old anymore. Front splitters and F-117 wings have been ordered for Pahrump. Why should you guys get all the downforce? :lol:

Now if we could just figure out some way to get these pigs to actually slow down under braking. :roll:

You need to be careful with your wings. You might end up being one of those cars that cannot exceed the MPH as compared to the sound decibels due to the drag :wink: BTW, not sure about the new configuration at Pahrump, but the old one did not require any downforce at all to do well, but then do whatever gives you confidence :lol: :lol:
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby Curt on Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:51 pm

Kary, is that ratcheting sound I hear in the background you taking off all your aero aids for Pahrump? Yeah... I didn't think so. :D
Curt Anderson
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby kary on Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:59 pm

Curt wrote:Kary, is that ratcheting sound I hear in the background you taking off all your aero aids for Pahrump? Yeah... I didn't think so. :D

Curt, yeap, I am going to bring down the angle of my wing a bit if that is what you mean :shock:
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Return to General Discussions