Pahrump

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Postby Curt on Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:07 pm

Speaking of Jad and high vs. low horsepower cars, here is a spy photo I found of Jad practicing on the most popular configuration at Pahrump last week. His student doesn't look bored by the lack of horsepower.

Curt Anderson
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby JHPGT3 on Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:48 pm

I don't know; my recollection was I hit 155 max just before lifting for T1. Or was it 175! My recall is a little faulty at times. BTW, what track were we talking about? :lol:
JHPGT3
Time Trialer

Postby gulf911 on Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:01 pm

Curt wrote:Speaking of Jad and high vs. low horsepower cars, here is a spy photo I found of Jad practicing on the most popular configuration at Pahrump last week. His student doesn't look bored by the lack of horsepower.

:shock: ..... :roflmao:  :bowdown:
Dan Andrews
#2 Carmine Red GT4 , 19" Forgelines , LWBS.
gulf911
Pro Racer

Postby Jad on Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:02 pm

Hey! :lol: :lol: :lol: :beerchug: You suck 8)
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby Curt on Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:31 am

<---------- Check out my new Avatar :D

Well, there I go, killing another thread. :roll:

Let me try and help you guys out a little. See, that's not really a picture of Jad up above. :wink:

Jad was talking smack earlier in this thread. Steve G. asked where Curt was after the smack wasn't replied to. I was scheming. Jad drives a 944. In case you're new here, anytime a 944 driver talks smack, a die-hard 911 driver needs to set him straight. Dan A. and I try not to miss any opportunity to smack Jad and that so-called Porsche he drives.

So I see Jad smack talking and I remembered seeing this picture in the Witness.

I gave my brother who is a forum lurker and on the Cayman waiting list, (the d@mn TRAITOR!) that old Windblown Witness mag and he saw the pic and said, "is that the Jad that you guys are always smack talking with online? He kind of looks like Jim Carrey". OK, I didn't really see it but if you squint hard enough, it's there.

Ok now, quick review for the 944 guys.

ImageImage

So then I find this picture.

Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels riding on a moped in the "Dumb and Dumber" movie. See, I put Jads head on Jim Carreys body. That's not really Jad at Pahrump with a student. I even put the chip in Jad's front tooth which is probably what fooled you. :wink: :D

And the Photoshop work is not funny enough for this crowd. :D You guys set the comedy bar very high, but I will continue to strive to catch up. This one will be a waste of your time too, but it is Jad and Jeff Daniels discussing plans to film a sequel to "Dumb and Dumber"

OK, so none of this is funny in a Porsche racing friends trash-talking each other sort of way, right? If your answer is yes, here is something to entertain you.

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT: SECOND QUARTER 2005 (PRELIMINARY)
CORPORATE PROFITS: SECOND QUARTER 2005 (PRELIMINARY)

Real gross domestic product -- the output of goods and services produced by labor and property
located in the United States -- increased at an annual rate of 3.3 percent in the second quarter of 2005,
according to preliminary estimates released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis. In the first quarter,
real GDP increased 3.8 percent.

The GDP estimates released today are based on more complete source data than were available for
the advance estimates issued last month. In the advance estimates, the increase in real GDP was 3.4
percent (see "Revisions" on page 3).

The major contributors to the increase in real GDP in the second quarter were personal
consumption expenditures, exports, equipment and software, residential fixed investment, and
government spending. The contribution of these components were partly offset by a negative
contribution from private inventory investment. Imports, which are a subtraction in the calculation of
GDP, increased.

The deceleration in real GDP growth in the second quarter primarily reflected a downturn in
private inventory investment that was partly offset by a deceleration in imports and an acceleration in
exports.

Final sales of computers contributed 0.33 percentage point to second-quarter real GDP growth
after contributing 0.37 percentage point to first-quarter growth. Motor vehicle output contributed 0.01
percentage point to second-quarter real GDP growth after contributing 0.15 percentage point to the first-
quarter growth.

How will Jad get me back for this Photoshop nonsense? The same way he has been getting me back for years. With faster Time Trial results and filling my rear view mirror so full of his black 944 turbo that I take yet another off track excursion through the desert.

Remember how Seinfeld always said "Newman" with gritted teeth and bitterness in his voice? That's how I say "Duncan"! :D

BTW, Duncan is Jad's last name for those that are just itching to go back and read that blue paragraph again.

:D x 1,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Curt Anderson
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby Pete Millikin on Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:51 am

Curt - A classic post. :D :D :D I think Jad is losing it - the normally erudite Jad retorting " Hey, you suck." We need to establish a separate forum for 911/944 smack talk, just so we don't need to search for it.

Some further background for the uninitiated. Curt drives an early 911 with an upgraded engine and claims it has something like 120HP. Jad drives a stripped 944 turbo claiming it weight 3800lbs. Curt is in the entertainment business and will be headlining at the Pahrump Nugget comedy lounge. Be sure to catch his act. Hey, can you at least get Dan a comped room?
86 Carrera 3.2L #178
Pete Millikin
Time Trialer

Postby Jad on Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:06 am

Sorry for the childish response, but I know when I am defeated :cry: Much like the topic of this thread :?: My only hope now is to use a lot of icons :wink: Pointing out that his avatar is Amy (which it is :) ) won't help. At least I am not worrying about Berkeley flashbacks causing the memory loss of that lap of Pahrump with a student on a motorcycle. I do remember the trailer meeting, we were discussing whether the most popular layout was truly the best or whether we should just use the longest or original layout. We decided Lagunal Seca would be the best choice :D

Curt, you do know you have lots of issues - they are funny, but there are certainly issues.

Newman
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby Dan Chambers on Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:43 am

I just gotta wonder ..... if Curt put as much time and effort into his driving skills as he puts in to beating up on 944 drivers, would he get TTOD? Lord knows he's got a fast car......... :shock:

(I guess I'm in the cross-hares now....... oh, Gawd! :cry: )

DC
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby gulf911 on Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:12 am

you see, this is what I love about this forum....a thread that starts out about which track config should we run with, and turns into a hilarious Jim Carrey look a like contest... :lol: Unfortunately for myself and Curt its only funny until we hit the track with Jad... :lol:
Dan Andrews
#2 Carmine Red GT4 , 19" Forgelines , LWBS.
gulf911
Pro Racer

Postby Curt on Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:25 am

Dan Chambers wrote:I just gotta wonder ..... if Curt put as much time and effort into his driving skills as he puts in to beating up on 944 drivers, would he get TTOD? Lord knows he's got a fast car......... :shock:

(I guess I'm in the cross-hares now....... oh, Gawd! :cry: )

DC

Yeah, I'm putting a whopping 186 hp to the rear wheels documented on a dyno. That is crazy high horsepower, isn't it? That's why my motor is out of my car right now, while my mechanic has said "I told you so" about 300 times about going with higher compression and more aggressive cams. I HOPE I can go to Pahrump this year. I've been looking forward to it for a year now.

Or maybe it's just that all you can eat seafood buffet at the Pahrump Nugget I was looking forward to. Blech!

Dan Chambers? Do you realize how many pictures there are of you in the Witness? It takes almost no time at all when you do Photoshop at my level of competence.
Curt Anderson
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby Greg Phillips on Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:33 am

[quote(I guess I'm in the cross-hares now....... oh, Gawd! :cry: )
DC[/quote]

I have no idea what Dan did to make the rabbits so angry :shock:
But he hopes they don't have him in their sights.

Greg
Greg Phillips
Pro Racer

Postby Curt on Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:34 am

Now that Greg has joined the thread. Excuse me Mr. Editor, but in the future please try and make sure that the picture quality is very high of all 944 drivers faces in the Witness. I only ask this because I am concerned for their feelings.

So uh..... we have another celebrity in our club.

Oh, I forgot to put a disclaimer in. Steve Urkel was not really at our awards banquet. Shhh, that was really Dan C. with Urkels head on him.

And this guy somehow is a driving instructor in this region?

Last edited by Curt on Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Curt Anderson
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby Mike on Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:42 am

Dan Chambers wrote:
(I guess I'm in the cross-hairs now....... oh, Gawd! :cry: )
DC

Dano you are couple short, that would require at least 2 (hairs). :wink:
(my small part to keep the 944 guys off balance till Curt posts another photoshop masterpiece) :D
Mike
Club Racer

Postby Curt on Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:38 am

Sorry, no more Photoshop's for a while. It's almost noon and I am strongly considering going into work. :D

This just in. As established earlier, Steve Urkel was not able to attend our awards banquet this year, but I have uncovered indisputable proof that he intends to join the Spec 944 group.

Last edited by Curt on Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Curt Anderson
Curt
Time Trialer

Postby Dan Chambers on Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:44 am

Curt: beautiful! :lol: :lol: You slammed me good... although you gave me way too much hair! :shock: :roll: I really like the car shot. I knew the engine was in the "wrong place," according to the lawn-blower crowd. I didn't know the "shiny side" was in the wrong place, too! :oops:

How does that theme song of yours go, Curt.... "Too much time on my hands.." :wink:

Keep this up, and no one will recognize any of us in person.
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions