Toyo Proxes R888

Porsche Technical related discussions.

Postby ronaldtrotter on Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:20 am

Yeah, I'm running an 8 pt. car with the:
3.2 3
strut brace 1
torsion bars 2
tires 2

But if I put a stock tail piece (spoiler, whale tail or whatever it's called) I should not have to take points as I read the rules.

That said, we are trying to put something together that might put us in 944Spec. We'll see if and when we gets it done. The plan is by March. The 914 is stalled for a while, so that will have to wait maybe this time next year.
'82" 911 SC Targa
'86' Buick Grand National
'85' 944 Spec
2015 VW Sport Wagon TDI
ronaldtrotter
Time Trialer

Postby Dan Chambers on Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:27 am

But if I put a stock tail piece (spoiler, whale tail or whatever it's called) I should not have to take points as I read the rules.

'07 rules = correct. However, I believe in '08 the new rules for aero-spoilers is factory or not ... equipped on 10% of sold or not ... if you have any aero-devices front or rear, you take 2 points. At least that was my understanding from discussions with Steve G. at the OCAX (and of course, I could be way off on this).

So, I take 2 points for my front "chin spoiler", even though the car may have come with it as OEM factory equipment at time of sale. Now: do I remove said spoiler, or add a tail? Time will tell... :roll:

This reminds me of the changes they made for LDS transaxles a couple of years back. I think Greg P. can give you more insight into that one. Or Jad D. as well. I seem to remember they both had to take points for OEM LSD's in their cars after a certain year. Is that right guys?

Anyway, Thanks for the info on the R888's guys. I'm looking forward to the new tires with the slightly different sizing. Should be a fun competitive year.

Happy New Year!
Dan Chambers
"It's just a "well prepared" street car ... or a very, very well-mannered track car." :burnout:
1983 SC #91 3.6L, "Black Pearl" Livery
1987 944 (gone but not forgotten)
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Previous

Return to Technical