964 spoiler bypass

Porsche Technical related discussions.

964 spoiler bypass

Postby rhoadesco on Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:00 am

I am hopeful somebody out there, perhaps with a 964 RS, can help me. I have a 90 C2 and I am removing the stock decklid and putting a ducktail on. I have a section from my 964 repair manual that shows that I must "jump" pins 3 and 6 on the electrical connection to bypass the spoiler warning light (this is on the big cable that hooks to the stock decklid to control the third brake light and the spoiler going up and down at speed). I haven't done this yet as the picture of the connector in the manual is slightly different than the pin structure on my car. My car has the pins labeled 3 and 6 both "females" whereas the picture shows one of them as a male. I am unsure as to whether something changed year to year. What I would like ideally is a pinout for this car as I may end up hooking up the third brake light too which is also buried in those 10 pins somehow.

I am interested in how the RS models handle this as they have fixed spoilers. Do they have a jumper permanently installed?

Thanks for the help in advance.

-DR
Doug Rhoades
964 C2 Cab
rhoadesco

Re: 964 spoiler bypass

Postby richard on Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:21 am

You might try this site for the 964 wiring diagram: http://www.cannell.co.uk/964_Workshop_M ... agrams.pdf
Go to page 37 for the 1990 rear spoiler info.
richard
Time Trialer

Re: 964 spoiler bypass

Postby martinreinhardt on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:34 pm

That is correct, just install a permanent jumper between pins 3 and 6, then cover the top of plug with a water balloon or something similar to protect it from water (see picture)
Martin Reinhardt
http://www.youtube.com/flatsixracer
Past - Timing, Registration, Webmaster, Certified Instructor

'07 Cayman S
'07 Formula Renault 2.0
'16 Cayenne
martinreinhardt
Pro Racer

Return to Technical