924S Drivers window problem (Update)

Porsche Technical related discussions.

924S Drivers window problem (Update)

Postby Mmagus on Tue May 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Ok...Tuffy kicked my butt today. I got his new tires mounted up just fine and then waded into the drivers side window. It was off the tracks and inside the door. The actuator needed replacing but fortunatly Morgan supplied a spare when I bought the car. Unfortunatly I had no idea how to do about it. I disassembled the door pannel and finally puzzled out getting the motor and lift assembly out of the door. Then, after getting the used replacemnt in, it didnt work, so out it came and an hour or so of fiddleing, frustration, some yelling and a few prayers and I got it working. I got it in and figiured out the hidden track mounted in the door, rather than the window (as I said...no idea what I am doing but ginving it a go anyway), but I can not figure out how to get the window mounted in correctly. I did find a metal runner assembly that the rear of the window rides in...laying in the bottom of the door but mounting it is just beyond me.

Paul gets back from China at the end of the week and I can hit him up for assistance, but would like to try fixing it before he gets back. Any suggestions that don't involve hireing someone are welcome :beerchug:

Pastor Mark

After talking with Chuck and bouncing ideas off him, finally got the window in the bottom channels...but at the mid way point of rolling it up or down they come out. So I have a therory, unproven at the moment, that he mechanism previously in there and the one I was provided are both 944 and that the 924 is just slightly shorter. Both of the ones I have are exactly the same and the drivers side was always problematic. They were installed exactly in place and the window was perfecly in the tracts and the arms came outu of the channel every time. For now the door is completly back together and I have a strap system to take care of the window. If anyone knows about the 924 window specificaly I am open to thoughts.

Thanks again
Last edited by Mmagus on Wed May 05, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
85.1 944 Sparky
'87 924S "Tuffy" #123, CC03
'81 928 "Leviathan" Gone to the great beyond.
Mmagus
Club Racer

Re: 924S Drivers window problem

Postby ChuckS on Tue May 04, 2010 11:43 pm

Mark,
Give me a call during the day. I may be able to talk you through it.
Try me at 858-521-0883.
Chuck Sharp
1988 911 Carrera 3.2 Targa C.E.
1988 944 Turbo S
1986 944 Spec
and Several X Cars
ChuckS
Time Trialer

Return to Technical