Need to borrow or "rent"

Porsche Technical related discussions.

Re: Chrome wheels

Postby mrondeau on Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:21 am

Dan Chambers wrote:
Greg Phillips wrote:
gulf911 wrote:
FYI, you do not want to use chromed wheels for competition as they are typically prone to cracking.

That is only an issue if you are actually putting some stress or cornering force on the wheels. Should not be a problem with Dan's car yet :beerchug:

Greg

Oh fine! This, from the guy who was 0.25 seconds behind me on WAY larger, newer tires. Yeah, bring it, Pal! Maybe you should wait until you can actually beat me in timed runs before giving me grief. :oops: :roflmao:

Oh Boy!! That means I can talk all kinds of smack until at least the next AX. :roflmao:
Mark Rondeau - Retired from club duties
1979 911SC #1 -Modified for track use.
2021 Toyota Tundra 4X4
mrondeau
Pro Racer

Postby Dan Chambers on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:24 am

mrondeau wrote:Oh Boy!! That means I can talk all kinds of smack until at least the next AX. :roflmao:

Absolutely. Like placing the BRI trophy on your mantle (a task you're quite familiar with), "smack downs" are fine until you find yourself slower than the dude/dudette you're dueling with. :surr:

You just keep your eyes in the mirrors for those front bumpers that will sooner or later be approaching rapidly from behind you. :cry: On any given day, with the right equipment, the right conditions, and a whole lotta luck, anyone can take home "the prize" :wink: ... even an old water-pumper. :banghead:
Dan Chambers
"It's just a "well prepared" street car ... or a very, very well-mannered track car." :burnout:
1983 SC #91 3.6L, "Black Pearl" Livery
1987 944 (gone but not forgotten)
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby mrondeau on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:30 am

Dan Chambers wrote:
mrondeau wrote:Oh Boy!! That means I can talk all kinds of smack until at least the next AX. :roflmao:

Absolutely. Like placing the BRI trophy on your mantle (a task you're quite familiar with), "smack downs" are fine until you find yourself slower than the dude/dudette you're dueling with. :surr:

You just keep your eyes in the mirrors for those front bumpers that will sooner or later be approaching rapidly from behind you. :cry: On any given day, with the right equipment, the right conditions, and a whole lotta luck, anyone can take home "the prize" :wink: ... even an old water-pumper. :banghead:

:roflmao: Still laughing...... I'm enjoying it while I can. One of these tracks is going to be more 911/HP friendly and then I'll just be one of the slow guys again. The DE should be fun and then we'll see what the Black Pearl can really do. Remember, you have to earn the point by. :beerchug:
2021 Toyota Tundra 4X4
mrondeau
Pro Racer

Postby Dan Chambers on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:17 am

mrondeau wrote:
:roflmao: Still laughing...... I'm enjoying it while I can. One of these tracks is going to be more 911/HP friendly and then I'll just be one of the slow guys again. The DE should be fun and then we'll see what the Black Pearl can really do. Remember, you have to earn the point by. :beerchug:

:roflmao: Yes, I may have to earn my point-by ...  :bowdown: you may have to learn to point by. :banghead: I'll be glad to help educate ya! :roflmao: I'm a point-by "seasoned veteran." :bigcry:
Dan Chambers
"It's just a "well prepared" street car ... or a very, very well-mannered track car." :burnout:
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Re: Need to borrow or "rent"

Postby mrondeau on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:16 am

Dan Chambers wrote::roflmao: Yes, I may have to earn my point-by ... :bowdown: you may have to learn to point by. :banghead: I'll be glad to help educate ya! :roflmao: I'm a point-by "seasoned veteran." :bigcry:

Oh, I know how to point. I'm the N/A 944 in the red run group at Auto Club Speedway. :shock: If I can see a GT2 or GT3 coming out of the playground as I'm going into turn 1, I know they'll catch me at turn 3. It's like they have at least 2 to 3 times the horsepower. :banghead:
2021 Toyota Tundra 4X4
mrondeau
Pro Racer

Postby Mmagus on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:54 am

Dan Chambers wrote:

On any given day, with the right equipment, the right conditions, and a whole lotta luck, anyone can take home "the prize" :wink: ... even an old water-pumper. :banghead:

Yeah...My "right conditions" would be 95% of the drivers having a cold and staying home. :roflmao:
85.1 944 Sparky
'87 924S "Tuffy" #123, CC03
'81 928 "Leviathan" Gone to the great beyond.
Mmagus
Club Racer

Re: Need to borrow or "rent"

Postby Dan Chambers on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:03 pm

mrondeau wrote:Oh, I know how to point. ....

Ah, excellent. We should have no issues at the DE. :shock: :roflmao:

Did I mention ... I might have some tires that actually work? :roll: Now... If I could just learn how to drive ..... :banghead:
Dan Chambers
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Previous

Return to Technical