Repair Manuals

Porsche Technical related discussions.

Repair Manuals

Postby glenn_993 on Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:54 pm

I find myself doing more and more of the repair work on my car. And it sure would be helpful to have a shop manual, so I know where the leftover parts go. Does anyone know of a good source for either hardcopy or online repair manulas? Maybe something on a CD?
Glenn Marlin #24
96 993 C2 track
glenn_993
Autocrosser

Postby kary on Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:42 am

Glenn, you might be able to find manuals on e-bay or Rennlist. I would post on Rennlist asking if anyone has a set to sell. I have seen them recently for sale.
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Postby Black Dog on Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:19 pm

I was on a waiting list for a set of manuals for my 993 on both Pelican Parts ( www.pelicanparts.com )and My-Porsche.Com . Pelican finally said that they could not get the manuals. My-Porsche could not get them right away, and lost my request. When I contacted them once more, they apologized and said that they would sell them to me for a mere $650 instead of $890! I turned down the offer, and ended up buying a set from eBay for $340. It still felt pretty steep.

Evidently Porsche does not publish the manual set all that frequently. About a year ago I watched a set on eBay get auctioned for $900 or so.

Some people have bought CDs of the manuals on eBay for not much money. I haven't seen them, but supposedly it is difficult to make out the wiring details.

You might try searching the 993 forum on rennlist.com for more info.

-John Ross

ps. Most people also get the Porsche PET (parts catalog on CD). I bought one of these from Sun Coast last October for $15.00
John Ross
Black Dog

Return to Technical