Intermitant wiper issue **update**

Porsche Technical related discussions.

Intermitant wiper issue **update**

Postby Mmagus on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:21 pm

**Update: A Gent on a 924 site suggested rappidly and vigorously moving the switch handle. That cleared it up.**

I needed to work on our Jeep a bit today so I moved Tuffy. Before putting him back in the driveway I figured I would give him a little drive. The intermittant wiper came and won't go off. I tired every switch position to no avail. Any help on finding the relay to correct this would be apreciated.

M
85.1 944 Sparky
'87 924S "Tuffy" #123, CC03
'81 928 "Leviathan" Gone to the great beyond.
Mmagus
Club Racer

Re: Intermitant wiper issue **update**

Postby mad wombat on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Hey There

Thanks for the update. I have the same issue on my 924s. Unfortunately the vigourous movement up and down was not a long term fix for me. The only way I can shut it off is to hold the wiper lever just above the off position. My only solution at this stage has been to pull the fuse. Luckily doesn't rain too much here in SD. Did you come across any other solutions?

Cheers

Ro
mad wombat

Re: Intermitant wiper issue **update**

Postby Cajundaddy on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:18 am

mad wombat wrote:Hey There

Thanks for the update. I have the same issue on my 924s. Unfortunately the vigorous movement up and down was not a long term fix for me. The only way I can shut it off is to hold the wiper lever just above the off position. My only solution at this stage has been to pull the fuse. Luckily doesn't rain too much here in SD. Did you come across any other solutions?

Cheers

Ro

Pull the switch and bath it in contact cleaner (usually just gummed up). If that doesn't work, replace the switch.
Dave Hockett
09 Cayman 2.9L PDK #129 (with a few tweaks)
CC08
PCA GPX CDI- Past
PCA National DE Instructor
Cajundaddy
Time Trialer

Return to Technical