Objective body work review - Oceanside MAACO

Porsche Technical related discussions.

Objective body work review - Oceanside MAACO

Postby Old Guy on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:05 pm

This is NOT commercial advertising. It is a club member's testimonial.

MAACO - I know: it's a franchise that does quickie repaints, right? Maybe. But not the MAACO in Oceanside. Here's my story. A couple years ago MRD suggested to me that the Oceanside MAACO did great work at good prices. I also heard good things from our blue Boxster chapter member. Still: in one ear and out the other. Then some weeks ago when we did the Mystery Tour to Palm Desert I had a serious confrontation with a HUGE tumbleweed in our Carrera GTS. The scratch damage to the right front fender was extreme...and I assumed, permanent. On a whim, I stopped by MAACO and their good guy Al studied the fender, pondered, then went for some magic fluid, wet sanding paper, water and a soft buffer. "Have to be careful not to burn the clear bra," he said. He buffed out ALL but one, very deep scratch. I was amazed. Fast forward to today. Our '85 India Red Euro Carrera suffered from various door dings and some other ripples; bugged me. I left the car with Al first thing today; picked it up early PM. I don't know how they did it but they took out every, single door and fender ding, removed all push dents from the engine lid, and even lessened a door handle dent. The car looks perfect. I'm stoked!! I'm not advertising; simply telling it like it is (was?). Great work. I'm happy :beerchug:
Jim "Old Guy" Dunlap
2017 Carrera 911 7 speed stick, Lava Orange :lol:
2017 Macan S, Sapphire Blue
2005 Volvo V50 Spt Wagon, Passion Red
2003 Morgan +8, Silver body with Dark Blue Wings
Old Guy
Time Trialer

Return to Technical