Recommendation for Rollcage install in SD

Porsche Technical related discussions.

Recommendation for Rollcage install in SD

Postby sdether on Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:52 pm

Been using my 69E as a daily driver as of late. Travelling with such a tiny car in the sea of Excursions and Yukons just makes me feel like i might as well be on a motorcycle for all the protection it affords me.

I was going to get a rollbar anyhow for track days, but I've decided to go for the full cage. Any recommendations for a good cage and installer here in San Diego?

BTW, I've read the pros and cons of having a cage in a car you drive without a helmet. I'm tall enough that in case of an accident with a 3-point belt i'm going to slam my head into plenty of car chassis surfaces. It would seem that a properly padded cage is going to be less dangerous to me than the existing metal around me. But if someone thinks I'm making a mistake, i'm always willing to listen to another recommendation.

cheers,
arne

911 69E/3.2
sdether

Postby ttweed on Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:49 am

Arne-

Autopower and RacerX seem to be the commonly used local cage installers.

TT
Tom Tweed -- #908
SDR Tech Inspection Chair 2005-06
SDR Forum Admin 2010-present
Windblown Witness Assistant Editor 2012-present
Driving Porsches since 1964
ttweed
Admin

Postby kary on Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:14 am

Yes, I had racerX do it, custom job, reasonable price and a nice guy. His name is Tim. Tell him I sent you if you decide to work with him. He works off of word of mouth referrals.

I can send you pick of before and afters if you are interested in what you care getting into......
Kary
1997 993 PCA#131 POC#131
Group 9 Motorsports
www.group9motorsports.com
kary
Pro Racer

Return to Technical