Danske muffler - second thoughts.......

Porsche Technical related discussions.

Danske muffler - second thoughts.......

Postby Dan Chambers on Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:11 am

Okay exhaust-knowledgeable guru's. I've been thinking about that fancy, Stainless Steel Danske exhaust I had on my car at one time, (yes, that "rice-burner-sounding" thing that drove you all crazy) and wondering if I shouldn't consider re-installing it .... this time with a noise reducing addition at the tip. I've seen some cone-type exhausts on other cars with some type of "silencer" installed - ones that can be removed on track days (John Straub's 914 comes to mind). So: ??? Is there a quiet-ing adapter/insert that I could put inside the end of the Danske muffler to make it more street-appealing and less blappy????

Dan
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Postby ttweed on Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:37 pm

Dan,

There are a couple of options available to do what you want. A Supertrapp "Disc-only" diffuser added on the exhaust tip, http://www.supertrapp.com/product_secti ... p?CatID=27, or possibly a Schoenfeld Headers insert muffler added inside the tip. http://www.schoenfeldheaders.com/mufflers.htm

The Supertrapp can have discs added and subtracted to vary the muffling. The muffler insert is a one-shot deal. Both will probably rob power, but then you have a 944, so how much can you lose? :D

Good luck,

TT
Tom Tweed -- #908
SDR Tech Inspection Chair 2005-06
SDR Forum Admin 2010-present
Windblown Witness Assistant Editor 2012-present
Driving Porsches since 1964
ttweed
Admin

Postby Dan Chambers on Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:00 am

ttweed wrote:The Supertrapp can have discs added and subtracted to vary the muffling. The muffler insert is a one-shot deal. Both will probably rob power, but then you have a 944, so how much can you lose? :D

TT

Great! Thanks, Tom. I knew there was something out there. 8)

As to power loss .... I'll run on the street with one less squirrel, and save on the nuts! :? The track will be "all squirrels firing." :shock:

Thanks again.

Dan
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Return to Technical