Used helmet donations?

Porsche Technical related discussions.

Used helmet donations?

Postby Dan Chambers on Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:08 am

While I know The Club has a strict policy about the age of helmets, I was wondering about possibly donating a 10-year-old helmet to organizations that might be able to use them?

My thought was this: if there is a youth group, or a kart club or educational clinic ... maybe a Geriatric-Harley Rider's club ... that uses helmets and could use a sanitized open or full face helmet, why not give it to them instead of just throwing the helmets in the waste-can?

Any ideas out there? Someone in the club recommended I find a friend with a sub-ten-year-old-learning-to-ride-a-bicycle type child and give it to them. I'm not sure I want an 8-year old bicycling around in a full-face helmet with limited peripheral vision. :shock:

So, if you have any thoughts on what to do with a couple of 2000-dated open face and full face helmets (between Monica and I, that's 4 helmets), let me know.

Gracias!
Dan Chambers
"It's just a "well prepared" street car ... or a very, very well-mannered track car." :burnout:
1983 SC #91 3.6L, "Black Pearl" Livery
1987 944 (gone but not forgotten)
Dan Chambers
Pro Racer

Re: Used helmet donations?

Postby Mike on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:06 am

you must sweat sugar my throw aways are are a bio hazard. :wink:
Michael_Gagen :D

"Without the ability to manipulate each wheel independently, Its a fun challenge to try and be your own,
ABS, traction control and stability control"
Erik K.
Mike
Club Racer

Postby tb911 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:12 pm

We talked about this a year ago.

http://forum.pcasdr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4133

I don't think the answers are any better today
Tom Brown
SDR President
Z8 Rules Coordinator
etc.

1979 911 SC
1996 911 Turbo
2017 Macan S
tb911
Admin

Postby JivenJim on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:58 pm

Tim Commeau has some friends in the Mexico Race groups. I am sure they would love those helmets and old harness or window nets.. Might score some tequila or something in return??
But making it usfull is always part of my end game, like you said.. They are good people who love to race, but often the safty stuff comes last, and I''m sure could use extra/old gear..
The 924S with 968 guy
944 Spec Racer
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death… – Hunter Thompson
JivenJim
Autocrosser

Return to Technical