Streets of Willow TT photos

A place to hang out and discuss all things Porsche.

Re: Streets of Willow TT photos

Postby GT3 on Wed May 24, 2017 9:50 pm

Awesome shots... thank you!
Alain Stad
2018 GT3RS Lava Orange
2016 GT4 Clubsport
2017 Camaro ZL1 1LE

YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2W9FwGE
GT3
Autocrosser

Postby rshon on Thu May 25, 2017 9:16 am

Thanks to Greg, Eric, and Al for the great pics. And of course to Robert and Jack, who are still putting on great events month after month.

I have to agree with Dan A., running on the Streets track was like pulling on an old glove, with only a few thumps and humps that weren't there 4 years ago. Just needed enough suspension compliance and maybe adjust the line in a few spots to keep the car settled. The guys in the real street cars didn't seem to be having any problems at all (but I am a little beat up; must be age).

With more corners than Big Willow and almost a mile shorter, Streets is definitely a slower, more technical track. Think of it as our Monaco, only with erosion ditches instead of walls, and a lot less ambience...
Russell
PCA Zone 8 Rules Tech Advisor
Z8 TT/DE Chair ('20-'22)
Z8 Rules Chair ('12-'18)

Porsche Boxster S
Scion FR-S
Lotus Exige S
Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road
rshon
Time Trialer

Postby mrondeau on Fri May 26, 2017 10:19 am

gulf911 wrote:Thank you Greg and Eric for those great photos! Its been over 3 years since I have been out there and with the new car I was a bit nervous at first.
After a very short period of time it was like I never left , trash talk was in abundance... :rockon:

Thank you Robert and Jack for a great event. I will have to disagree about the track , if you know where the issues are it was pretty smooth and not any different than it was 3 years ago
except a couple spots. I love this track.

Oh, I almost forgot can someone check on Steve Grosekemper? He said "Nice Time Dan" ( yes to me ) so I think he may have heat stroke.... :roflmao:

Thanks all!

Dan, You're right. It's still the same horrible track it was three years ago. :banghead:
I'm worried about you and what you consider a good track. :lol:
Maybe if I drove a GT4, I'd feel differently about it. :roflmao:
Mark Rondeau - Retired from club duties
1979 911SC #1 -Modified for track use.
2021 Toyota Tundra 4X4
mrondeau
Pro Racer

Postby CoryM on Fri May 26, 2017 3:45 pm

Maybe it's because I haven't driven Streets of Willow since around the time Chuckwalla first opened up, but I thought it was a lot of fun. I don't think the track was in any better or worse condition than I remember it being in the past. I have bent wheels at both Streets and Chuckwalla so I consider myself an expert :D . There didn't appear to be any more carnage than the typical PCASDR TT weekend. Streets is narrow, a little bumpy, and has a lot of closely spaced turns so it doesn't flow that well - but that's why it's challenging to drive. Only thing I hate is that damn skidpad turn, because I rarely get it right! I'll gladly come back to Streets.
Cory Muscat
CoryM
Autocrosser

Postby Jad on Fri May 26, 2017 3:58 pm

I have to agree, I didn't see anything wrong with the track. Granted, you did have to stay on the track, dropping wheels was not a good idea, but on the track I thought it was a lot of fun and very challenging.
Jad Duncan
997 S Cab - Sold
996 "not a cup car" Sold
Tesla Model S
Porsche Taycan
https://www.goldfishconsulting.com/
Jad
Pro Racer

Postby rshon on Mon May 29, 2017 1:49 pm

Here is a video from my fastest session on Sunday. Sadly, due to (brain) heat-soak, this did not occur during timed runs. l managed to surpassed my fastest time at this track set back in 2012 in the Boxster, mostly by trying to hold off a 997 GT3:

https://youtu.be/0j1qTfYijDA
Russell
PCA Zone 8 Rules Tech Advisor
Z8 TT/DE Chair ('20-'22)
Z8 Rules Chair ('12-'18)

Porsche Boxster S
Scion FR-S
Lotus Exige S
Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road
rshon
Time Trialer

Previous