DE requirements 2007?

Porsche Technical related discussions.

DE requirements 2007?

Postby lrayner on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:39 pm

What are the current requirements for DE new drivers. I saw Tom Tweeds post from August 2005 that a fire extinguisher is required but am under the impression that the current rule is different. Which is my long winded way of saying "Do I need a fire extinguisher on May 12?" :lol: (also posted in FAQ)
Leigh Rayner
2002 Boxster S
1995 993
lrayner
Time Trialer

Re: DE requirements 2007?

Postby Greg Phillips on Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:00 pm

lrayner wrote:What are the current requirements for DE new drivers. I saw Tom Tweeds post from August 2005 that a fire extinguisher is required but am under the impression that the current rule is different. Which is my long winded way of saying "Do I need a fire extinguisher on May 12?" :lol: (also posted in FAQ)

From my reading of the Zone 8 rules both DE and TT will need an extinguisher.

A securely fastened 2.5 Halotron; 2-lb. Halon or 10-BC rated dry chemical fire extinguisher is required for Time Trials and DE. They are strongly recommended but are not required for Autocross. They must be fully charged and accessible to the driver. Any built-in or on-board system that meets these minimums is also acceptable. This may include Aqueous
Film-Forming Foam (AFFF) systems.

Greg
Greg Phillips
Pro Racer

Re: DE requirements 2007?

Postby ttweed on Tue May 01, 2007 7:55 am

lrayner wrote:What are the current requirements for DE new drivers. I saw Tom Tweeds post from August 2005 that a fire extinguisher is required but am under the impression that the current rule is different.
The rules are a bit different this year, but not substantially in the area of the fire extinguisher requirement, as Greg points out. Everyone should carefully read the relevant text linked from our rules page on the website. The AX/DE/TT rules have been merged for the purpose of clarity and easier maintenance, and there are some key changes implemented this year. The "Rule Changes Explained" document link is well worth visiting, even for veteran drivers.

The key new safety proposals that were approved relate to the deletion of the previously approved requirement for a Head and Neck device in 2007, the requirement for SA2000 or 2005 helmets, as well as relaxing the requirement for harnesses in Street Stock and Stock classes. The only changes to the fire extinguisher rules related to fixing a typo and expanding the types of extinguishing agents to include all available effective types.

TT
Tom Tweed -- #908
SDR Tech Inspection Chair 2005-06
SDR Forum Admin 2010-present
Windblown Witness Assistant Editor 2012-present
Driving Porsches since 1964
ttweed
Admin

Return to Technical